GPS to log file

verseda

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do you think we’ll ever see a feature to log GPS to some sort of text/log file? One of the primary reasons I bought this cam was for the GPS but to find it is only embedded in the videos. I understand there are scripts to extract the info but spending more than a 32gb card is not practical for me right now. It would be a nuisance to constantly remove the card and run the script.

cameras that do create a separate file generally overwrite that file along with the videos anyway, you wouldn't need to run a script but you would still need to pull the card to copy the files off before they were deleted

cameras that do create a separate file generally overwrite that file along with the videos anyway, you wouldn't need to run a script but you would still need to pull the card to copy the files off before they were deleted
Sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me. It cannot possibly be that difficult to exempt certain files from being overwritten. I mean, there's literally a folder for screenshots that isn't deleted despite the loop recording.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me. It cannot possibly be that difficult to exempt certain files from being overwritten. I mean, there's literally a folder for screenshots that isn't deleted despite the loop recording.

just telling you how they work, nothing to do with what may or may not be possible

The GPS files may be a lot smaller than the video, but you can't just leave the GPS files there, after a while the file system collapses due to the number of files rather than the size.

What is your requirement for the GPS data?

Back