gps tracker parking

hunte88

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, can you tell me if with dashcam DR750S-2CH, i can track my car (with router 3g wifi portable) with gps on map while car is stop into parking ?

Thanks a lot

I'm pretty sure the GPS is turned off while in parking mode, to save battery. That's why the video files you download don't include the .gps data files.

However, if the camera is alive and in parking mode, it'll detect (algorithm unclear) that the vehicle is moving and go back to normal mode. Much like it does when you get in and drive off. Then, in normal mode, it turns the GPS back on.

Brad.

Hello, thanks for your reply.
Can you tell me if there is a way that the dashcam is always in normal mode while stay into parking mode ?

Given the cost of this dashcam, i thought it could act as a GPS tracker when it is standing still.

Do you think I have to take a separate GPS tracker?

Sorry for my english, but I'm italian

Thanks a lot

So you want the camera to *not* go into Parking Mode, but stay in Normal even when you're stopped? I'm not sure you can do that, and I'm not sure you want to. The camera will be recording constantly (meaning you'll either need a huge memory card, or accept you'll roll over often), and that combined with the GPS will be brutal on your car battery.

Remember, when the car is moving (Normal Mode), the GPS is tracking. When viewing your videos on the BlackVue Viewer, or via the Cloud Viewer, the map will show the "last known position". Going to a lot of trouble to "track" something that isn't moving is not normal functionality.

Brad.

Hi, i want to recorder costantly with big memory and for battery i must to use a big power bank.
For Wi-Fi i use 3g modem Wi-Fi portable. I want that the dashcam can be used as gps tracker, even when the car is parked.

Do you think it is a good idea for do it ?

If I'm understanding your requirements, I'd keep the dashcam focused on what it's intended for, which is recording video. And there are some specialized GPS trackers out there which will likely be more suitable for constant live GPS tracking. I don't have direct experience with those, but I know there are some out there.

This model was good for gps tracking but if it not track when car is stop i can’t take it.
The real gps tracker is not good because is not 3g (only game/GPRS ) and it can’t share the internet connection with dashcam Wi-Fi. I should buy 2 tariff plan (One for real tracker and One for modem 3g Wi-Fi for dashcam).

Do you know if exist any portable modem 3g with wifi (for sharing internet) and gps module for tracking ? I want all in one if exist.

... and external gps module that allow to connect to wifi of hotspot ?

This model of camera (DR750S-2CH) can you tell me if can sent notification when the car crosses the geographical border ?

Thanks a lot

This model of camera (DR750S-2CH) can you tell me if can sent notification when the car crosses the geographical border?
No. This is waaaay outside what should be expected of a dashcam. Even GPS trackers won't do that. You're getting into custom software now.

Ah, geo-fencing. Well the good news is "sort of". The camera itself doesn't do that (and neither does the Thinkware if you read between the lines). And the "consumer" BlackVue app doesn't do that. But the extra-cost Fleet Tracking app can. Check out https://www.blackvue.com/fleet-tracking/. But it's not free. There's a pricing chart at the bottom (US$33/month for the first camera).

Ah, geo-fencing. Well the good news is "sort of". The camera itself doesn't do that (and neither does the Thinkware if you read between the lines). And the "consumer" BlackVue app doesn't do that. But the extra-cost Fleet Tracking app can. Check out https://www.blackvue.com/fleet-tracking/. But it's not free. There's a pricing chart at the bottom (US$33/month for the first camera).

not sure in your market but in ours you can get those tracking related features from a proper tracking device for less cost, I would think a traditional GPS tracker would be more reliable for this purpose also, the price would want to be a lot better than that to make it a viable option

Thanks guys for your clarifications.

I wrote Italy team support of Thinkware to ask they if Geo Fencing is Free or not.

Thanks a lot.

There are apps that can track a Spot GPS and emergency beacon device. THey offer geofencing, but again not free.

Back