green light was solid then never came on again. feeling like a real loser

monroec

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI guy. So, ive hooked this up before in another car, no problem. straight forward piece of cake. this time I cant.

I hook it all up, and i get a solid green light. wont turn off, just stays on. so i unhook it, hook it back up and it wont come on at all. so i unhook and hook again, toggle the switch, futz around and bang solid green again, but wont turn off. repeat the process above again, but green light never comes back on. i figure the PMP got wet in the trunk where it was for a year bouncing around and so i order a new PMP. same issue with new PMP.changed out the wiring harness. changed fuse locations. IF i take the ground wire and just touch it to metal, ill get a little spark and the green light will flicker.

SOLVED> SEE BELOW

Last edited:
its a Power Magic Pro green light should be on regardless. thats the idea.

You need to start the car, voltage needs to increase over half a volt from the initial voltage before it will work
thank you. after explaining why i needed to turn the car on i realized that i may not have done that. i also discovered there was a small amount of current going to it which explains why it cam eon without starting the car. i never would have figured this out man , your 4 seconds of time made my night as i got that done tucked away and the panel back up and im happy as hell. thank you times 10 man

Did you start the car?
thanks alot man, seriously thanks so much. next time say just a little more and i would have maybe caught on. got it all squared away. i never ever would have thought i needed to turn the car on. thanks times 10

no problem, you're not the first person to be caught out by this, probably won't be the last

no problem, you're not the first person to be caught out by this, probably won't be the last
not mentioned in 6 plus you tube vidoes, watching the same **** over and over again and never once did any of these want to be techs ever said this.

not mentioned in 6 plus you tube vidoes, watching the same **** over and over again and never once did any of these want to be techs ever said this.
a lot of reviews are just about the traffic and/or affiliate sales, a lot of them have little or no actual product knowledge unfortunately

Back