(GREEN) Walk vs (RED) Do Not Walk

Now all we need is something similar that would work on people with headphones/ear buds stuck in their ears.

Now all we need is something similar that would work on people with headphones/ear buds stuck in their ears.
... And something to get the bicyclers to stop at red lights and wait for green, and stop at stop signs! EVERY time I see one or a group out about, they will generally just look both ways and blow right through. They are supposed to obey the traffic laws.

I guess it bugs me a little more since the first ticket I got I was about 12 yrs old on my way home from 6th grade and a cop watched be go right through a stop sign without even slowing down. Gave me a ticket!

In the UK there is no legal requirement for pedestrians to obey pedestrian lights. Effectively, they are for guidance only.
Remarkably, this system has worked well in most places for a very long time. Central London is one exception, pedestrians there literally walk in front of traffic that is moving or about to move.
As always, it is the jerks ruining things for everyone else. I think the law may have to be changed one day, but we aren't there yet.

Back