Greetings from Mexico

fmattbp

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hi, I'm from México, recently i bought a dash cam and found this forum while searching information about the camera.

I have no idea what brand and model are my dash cam, can you guys help me? :LOL:

it's like this one

8583a0f6c861c5ac54a34ee41426c880-product.jpg

cheers!

this design is public tooling, there are many suppliers that use the same housing and put their own internals in them, very hard to know which version it might be

this design is public tooling, there are many suppliers that use the same housing and put their own internals in them, very hard to know which version it might be

:( i'm searching because i't seems that the camera bricked when i changed the sd card, the wifi led stays on and does not record.

thanks for the reply!

:( i'm searching because i't seems that the camera bricked when i changed the sd card, the wifi led stays on and does not record.

thanks for the reply!

what card did you use, if it's not formatted correctly it will lock up and nothing will happen

try it with no card and see if you can access with the app

what card did you use, if it's not formatted correctly it will lock up and nothing will happen

try it with no card and see if you can access with the app

Yes, if i try with no card i can access on the app with no problem but as soon i insert any sd card it turn off wifi (even with an sd card that i've been using before)

what card are you using?

First i've used a 8 Gb Kingston class 10 micro sd card and was working fine, but then i swap for a 32 Gb Kingston and then the camera stops working

Hola fmattbp, welcome to the forum.

Hey, welcome to the club.
Does your dashcam have ANY info on it? Model number?

What app are you using to check on the camera?

How does the 8GB folder structure look compared to your 32GB folder/s?
You might need to format the 32GB card and put some firmware in the 32GB card.

Hey, welcome to the club.
Does your dashcam have ANY info on it? Model number?

What app are you using to check on the camera?

How does the 8GB folder structure look compared to your 32GB folder/s?
You might need to format the 32GB card and put some firmware in the 32GB card.

Thank you sir!

i'm using Final Cam to check the camera, both 8 and 32 Gb looks the same in folder structure.

i have no idea what kind of firmware should i use with this model and i'm afraid to brick it if i do something wrong:cry:

It Is hard to find the correct firmware for any one of these as so many use them with so many different kinds of hardware in, and i also think its safe to say any often are not good at releasing new firmwares for their camera.

But in general most cameras should work with a 32 Gb memory card, only if you go higher it might be a problem with some hardware and one would have to get creative to make that work.

Have you tested your memory card ? maybe in a phone or some other camera to see if it work there.

You can also run the H2testw program and test the memory card with that software.

do a full overwrite erase of the 32GB card in your computer using SDFormatter and then try it in the camera

do a full overwrite erase of the 32GB card in your computer using SDFormatter and then try it in the camera

Ok, i'm going to do that and post the results

thanks in advance!

You sir make my day :D, i was able to make the dash cam work again doing the full overwrite with the software that you told me about.

The process took about one and a half hour but after that the dash cam works perfect with the 32 Gb SD Card.

Thank you all of you guys that help me out with this problem! :cool:

Back