Greetings from the USA :) I need 2 dash cams to keep my family & cars safe

I feel one camera in the front are fine, at least it will prove you are not doing anything that can be the reason something happened.
I also feel a front and rear are the optimal setup, it is a little overkill overall but the rear camera can document some one was driving like a butt-head even before he got to your car.

I dont feel like you have to document on video every millisecond of a crash and what lead up to it, if you can just prove you dident do anything in conflict with the traffic rules, then surely you can not be the one to blame for anything.

Hello and good evening,

This is James Bond, I am living in the USA and am completely new to the world of dash cams.

I have two older vehicles, one sedan and old passenger SUV, none of them have a in built GPS or screen etc, they are pre 2010 vehicles.

I want to get a dash cam that I can record front and back, since there is only so much I can capture from the front.

In fact, I am more interested in a better quality for the back, because that is where most of the arrogant drivers approach from.

I want a model that is simple to use and maintain, and had good enough clarity for recognition. No point not being able to recognize the vehicle or person in an incident, which I hope never occurs.

As my vehicles are older and the sedan is small, I do not want anything humongous.

What do you all recommend dear friends?

I want to keep the budget affordable, but do not want to get junk. Maybe $100 a set? or $150 tops.

Cheerios
James
report what you got

@Demetrios

how is the weather in Greece? I miss it.

Why do you suggest the SG9663DC?

I am new to dash cams, so value all input. Thank you

The DC are one of the new dual cameras build on new technology that dont have the limitations similar cameras made the past couple of years have.
And their customer care and service are second to none, and you can buy them local so no customs surprise or hassle if you have a problem.
Questions from customers put forth in here normally have a RPLY time of minutes.

BUT the camera will not have parking guard from day 1, seem like SG are holding back on that until they are sure it can be done right.

@jamesbond 34-35 Celcius around 15:00-16:00, 24-25 Celcius at 05:00-06:00 with mid-high humidity. Still summer, or as Greeks say, it is 50th of August today! loool

In regards to StreetGuardian products and resellers; its a safe choice in terms of video quality and aftersales service. And since I witnessed that their customer service is even better than expected (check this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...forming-as-expected.28375/page-13#post-363333), I feel I must support these efforts.

Do not get me wrong, there are plenty of good (or not sometimes!) products out there but when support is needed, I am not sure how happy you will be.

two nights ago we Danes was down to 1.9 Degrees C in one place.

There are places in Greece where even in July they need blankets to warm themselves when they go to sleep...

That cant be at ground level.
Cant recall Greek topography as its not what had been in the forefront when my brain have picked up information on your fine nation, but it cant be as flat as Denmark that's pretty much only beaten in flatness by Holland.

You got that right, they are in high altitudes in continental parts. That is only a different choice you could have your summet vacation where topography, great food and scenery combine together. A geopolitical map of Greece will show that it is at the other far end compared to the flatness of The Netherlands.

Back