GS1000 blue menu

darylrobert

Reaction score
recently purchased a GS1000 blue menu camera from Nimixtech ebay seller. The picture was pretty poor for a HD camera, images on the left of picture was out of focus and after a while the whole image went blurry. After reading some info on this site i decided to change the lens, i had to change the lens body also after it broke from trying to seperate the lens. heres a before and after compare, its like night and day difference..

after with a quality lens

The GPS still doesnt work but thats not bothering me...i'm so impressed ive bought another one, hopefully with an orange menu for the back
-i wonder if i will need to change the lens on the orange menu camera also?-

Attachments

• Gs1000 1.jpg
    Gs1000 1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 472
  • GS 1000 blue menu 2.jpg
    GS 1000 blue menu 2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 472
This looks good.
Do you have any information of this new lens?

darylrobert said:
The GPS still doesnt work but thats not bothering me...i'm so impressed ive bought another one, hopefully with an orange menu for the back
-i wonder if i will need to change the lens on the orange menu camera also?-

Hi darylrobert,

I concur with Sabe. What lens did you end up using?

For the orange menu cameras, the majority of them have decent lenses. I don't think you will need to change it.

Dash Cam Man

Sorry guys, dont know exactly where i got the lens from it was just trial and error, i have bought lens from ebay. from my experience the lens needs to be IR cut and go for one that is made from a metal/glass

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
W GSXXXX 7
Back