GS1000 Firmware version V2.0.6.G2KB A

Marcelw

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I’ve bought 10 camera’s from a dealer who sold those through the internet.

Probably th quality was not perfect because he got these camera’s back from some customers because they don’t work as they should work (although of course I don’t know how many he sold that were good).
1 Camera is working perfect, 2 were put on 12V without 5V charger so I think they’re not repairable,
but the other 7 camera’s are having different problems with what I think the sotware
(not starting when ignition is turned on, GPS doesn’t work, not starting in right menu when connected to PC etc. etc..)
So I knew that they were broken when I bought them (didn’t pay much :)) but I find it a challenge to try to get them working again and maybe I can do some friends a favor when I succeed.
First thing I’d like to try is replace the firmware.
I think they’re Russian camera’s the first time you start the camera the menulanguage is Russian.
The softwareversion is V2.0.6.G2KB A .
They’re a lot links to different softwareversions on this forum but I can’t find this one.
Anyone knows where to find this?

Or is there a possibility to copy the firmware from the one camera that does work to the others?

Please keep it simple; I’m far from expert….

Thanx in advance

Can you take a photo of boot logo?

vreemde.jpg
One camera gives this image, then "connect to PC" but can't do anything with itvreemde.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, thanks, will try to find firmware for this model.

This is firmware version V2.0.5 G2KB A the menu and pictures/logo the same as mine.

http://yadi.sk/d/X4ec6Oro7Qc_S

You may take a chance and use DU version 2.2.13.0 don't use other version.

Hi,

Thanx, but it's no problem that my version is 2.o.6 ?

And I don't understand what you mean by "You may take a chance and use DU version 2.2.13.0 ......." ?

possibility to copy the firmware from the one camera that does work to the others?
If you use DU (Direct USB) version 2.2.13.0 to do the job it is possible you may try, that what I mean and bigger number sometime doesn't mean better in this case may be 2.0.5 speed is in KM/H and 2.0.6 is in MPH.

Hi,

Sorry for late respons. Thanx for the software. It worked for some camera's. I could get the new software installed.
But strange enough; there's not one camera which doesn't have a problem;
- doesn't go on automaticaly when car starts
-gps doesn't work
-goes on when powered but imediately off
-doesn't come in USB-mode
etc.

Are these camera's really of such poor quality?

I'll keep on trying, but don't have much hope of getting even 1 working good.

Back