GS1000 - firmware with MP4 format

Tomek

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,
I've just bought GS1000 with original firmware that saving movie in .MP4 format. I upgraded firmware to TEXET, and now i have .MOV with worst quality. I want to back to original software, but i don't know what's the correct version. I tested around 10 firmwares but anyone is right (working, but only saving as .MOV).

Could You help me?

I've bought it from Amazon store.

BTW. New blue menu not working.

Regards,
Tom.

maybe best if you ask the seller if they can supply a copy of the original firmware, even if they look the same these are not all the same, I'd advise against using firmware from another version in future

jokiin said:
I'd advise against using firmware from another version in future

That's good advice. Second lesson is: always backup original firmware first.

I think user Hungarycam has one gs1000 which writes mp4 format, try ask him if he can deliver that FW.
Find it here bottom
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7&start=20

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes backing up the original is certainly good advice when there is the potential to mess things up by using an incorrect firmware version

I'm trying to backup before i upgrade software, but it didn't working for me (USB nor SDCard methond).

Tomek said:
I'm trying to backup before i upgrade software, but it didn't working for me (USB nor SDCard methond).

I think there is a few different methods and it's a bit of an unknown for most as to which method works, always a risk changing firmware if you don't have the original to roll back to if needed

Yes, but it's not possible to make backup of original firmware.
Nevermind, I still have problem with GPS signal. MP4 is not as important as GPS signal... Now im trying with newest TEXET (3,35 because 4,36 not working).

UPDATE 19:37 GMT+1

Now everything is OK :) By mistake I destroy "RESET" button and i need to open camera body.
I don't know what happened but I shaked grey cable (antenna) and now GPS fixing in around 2-5sec! It's really amazing.
Firmware: TEXET 3.34xxxx.

Regards,
Tom.

Back