GS1000 Orange: Which SD Card?

Romeowns

Reaction score
Hello All,
My name's Alex and I'm from New Zealand.

I have just ordered the Orange Menu GS1000 from E-Prance based on your recommendations. I was planning on buying the GS5000, but after reading your thorough reviews I came to the decision that the Orange GS1000 is far superior.

One question: What SD-Card do I need for this E-Prance GS1000 Orange Menu camera?

The listing simply says "SD/MMC Card".

I currently have a very poor quality 640x480 DVR camera that has a Kingston 16GB Class 10 full-size SD card - will this work or do I need a Micro-SD?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for this wonderful DVR resource.

Kind regards,
Alex from New Zealand

Romeowns said:
Hello All,
My name's Alex and I'm from New Zealand.

I have just ordered the Orange Menu GS1000 from E-Prance based on your recommendations. I was planning on buying the GS5000, but after reading your thorough reviews I came to the decision that the Orange GS1000 is far superior.

One question: What SD-Card do I need for this E-Prance GS1000 Orange Menu camera?

The listing simply says "SD/MMC Card".

I currently have a very poor quality 640x480 DVR camera that has a Kingston 16GB Class 10 full-size SD card - will this work or do I need a Micro-SD?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for this wonderful DVR resource.

Kind regards,
Alex from New Zealand

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the board. I think you will be happy with the GS1000. It is a much better value than the GS5000. You will need a micro-SD card for the GS1000. Let us know your thoughts when you receive the camera and test it out.

Dash Cam Man

hi!

does the original gs1000 support only up to 32gb or also more than 32gb?

in the datasheet from eprance is writen "External : SDHC/MMC CARD( UP TO 32GB SD HC CARD)"

and "yes" i can read, but sometimes datasheets are old or wrong (for example new fimeware/old datasheet).

thanks from munich/germany
manfred

Hi Manfred,

32GB is the max. I haven't heard anyone getting a larger card to work. If you have a larger card laying around, it might be worth a try but it is a long shot.

Dash Cam Man

Back