gs8000 dead after firmware flash

speedy

Reaction score
Country
United States
help, flash my gs8000 firmware, it flashed turned off, then i was able to turn back on, go into menu to confirm firmware, formatted sd card, put back into unit, it now will not turn on. I only get the blue light. If i plug it into the PC the light turns red, if i push the power button the light turns blue, if i push in the reset it turns red again. anyone have any ideas?

from dash cam talk. It flashed just fine, turned on worked just fine, then next time tried to turn on , nothing dead, blue light only.

Hey buddy

Perhaps format the sdcard with sdcard formatter then re download the firmware and apply again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

speedy said:
from dash cam talk. It flashed just fine, turned on worked just fine, then next time tried to turn on , nothing dead, blue light only.
Steady blue light? Did you try resetting using the included tool?

speedy said:

Does it have a factory reset button on the camera itself.
If it does there will be a small hole on the top. Get a torch to make sure there is
a small button to depress with a pin or paper clip.

I had a siumilar problem with a gs1000. Was told the above then when that didn't work was told to let the battery go flat. Then charge the camera back up
which fixed it. Best to ask who ever you bought it from. They'll know more abnout what to do.

Matt789 said:
speedy said:

Does it have a factory reset button on the camera itself.
If it does there will be a small hole on the top. Get a torch to make sure there is
a small button to depress with a pin or paper clip.

Yes there is. The GS8000 has a reset hole on top to the side of the bracket slot.
f41zfc.jpg

I can't find a picture of the reset tool, but it is basically the end of a paper clip with a round top on a small key chain. It was in the bottom of my box. I keep it on my keyring just in case.

Sometimes when recording in 1080P the camera will freeze with a steady blue light. Sometimes when i press a button the screen will come on and act like it is OK. (things will be moving in to and out of view) but it is not recording,and icons on the screen are frozen sometimes it will not be responsive at all.

Other users have said they had to let the battery die to get it to work again. The 3 or so time it has happened to me i have always been able to do a reset and get it back up.

done all the above , nothing it is dead, went in the trash

That sucks Speedy. when it decides to work it is a decent camera. I really hope but doubt they will iron out all the issues with the device. I really like everything about it a side from the reliability issues. At this point I am really hoping jokiin is able to release a camera internationally.

yep it worked great when it worked. The night vids were ok as well. I drive truck in the night time hrs so i need something with good night vids.

Sorry to hear that. Was the firmware version the same that you were originally running? The firmware we have listed comes from FoxOffer.

speedy said:
done all the above , nothing it is dead, went in the trash

Contact the people you bought it from and ask for a firmware update or do they not reply when asking for help.

I'd be checking out other gs8000's with nothing to lose and try other firmware versions.
Backup your firmware version first then update. Then remove the .bin file from the memory card.

Back