GS8000L Novatek Freezing on statup

arsh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, sorry to bombard with questions. I've tried to search but haven't found too much. I just got a GS8000L in the mail today that likes to freeze up on occasion on startup. I'm curious if this is common and if there's much of a solution.

I know that I should have got the other chipset (I had no idea wth I was doing when I ordered since I'm new to dashcams) and I am considering a G1W for replacement but wanted to learn more about it first. I do love the quality of the audio and video, but the freezing and lack of restart without pushing the reset button is just a bit frustrating.

try a different memory card

Would a class 4 work by chance? I have a class 10 in it and have a class 4 at home (both 16 gb) but I can't seem to find class 6 anywhere. The class 4 is toshiba, class 10 sandisk. Both purchased from stores not form the vendor I got the camera from.

class 4 would be fine
*Fingers crossed* so far it seems to have worked. I'll keep testing it the next couple of days, but the model I got did seem to record at night fine although I actually turned on night mode which I think people forget to do.

Back