GS8000L troubleshooting...

Porter StClair

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought one of these and its alright for $10US.

An issue that I'm having is that it seems to be creating corrupt files instead of recording. I have had it set to loop or continuous recording and I experience the same issue under both circumstances.

It'll record fine, very well, for one or two clips and those files will save and be able to be retrieved/viewed. After that, it's quite the opposite. Every file after the initial one or two will either not play or produce a green screen which freezes the camera itself.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Please use basic terms when replying. I've no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks.

hi,
there is a sub forum for this animal. i would suggest you posting follow up posts there. this is a general dump section so it may get buried with other discussions.

welp, you get what you pay for.. o_O

that said, this cam was the first dash cam i purchased. i found this site and have been highly educated on proper dash cams since.

this cam is not a bad cam, so it would seem the sd cad is corrupt. its either damaged, or a fake. what model and size is it?

can you post the seller you purchased the cam AND the sd card from?

have you been able to try other SD cards?

my initial reaction is the card is fake.

Back