GS9000 arrived today

cantremember

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
So, the GS9000 I ordered from FoxOffer arrived today. I haven't tried recording anything yet but I'm pleased with the physical appearance. Even came with a microSD -> SD adapter which could come in handy.
The manual is in Chinese, Russian and Engrish. The English translation is terrible and full of syntactical errors but whatever, it gets the point across (as little as there may be in it anyway)

Only thing so far is that the connection between the suction cup and the camera seems a bit tight. I also don't know what the benefit is of the USB connector in the suction cup, is it just an extra power input or is the GPS also inside the suction mount?

Well I tried out the cam. In extremely sunny weather, the very center of the sun is a small pink orb an occasionally there's a pink or green vertical streak that goes through the image. It moves also when I turn but it's only on occasion and when it's very sunny so that's not too bad. Anyone else has it though? Other than that the picture quality is very good in my opinion. The lense is very wide-angle so there's a very prominent fish-eye effect.

The GPS data seemed quite accurate and fluent, and Google map display worked fine too.

While copying videos, the camera suddenly died, trying to turn it on or plugging it in just showed the red LED on and that's it. After a few tries suddenly the cam was alive again. Overheating issue?

cantremember said:
While copying videos, the camera suddenly died, trying to turn it on or plugging it in just showed the red LED on and that's it. After a few tries suddenly the cam was alive again. Overheating issue?

did you plug the cam into the PC to copy files off? generally very slow if you do it that way, pop the card out and use a card reader instead, much easier to deal with, and faster

I sent my GS9000 back to Foxoffer.com today due to some issues that popped up. The GS9000 was working perfectly for nearly a month before it started to shut down without saving the last file and resetting the date to the year 2105. I couldn't get it to work properly after this. It's a pity as I really like it. I've decided to upgrade to the newer GS900 (VF960) and try my luck with that.

Finally received my GS9000 from DX. I have ordered this item. Firmware version is "V1.01 G82C K". This version has no bug of not remembering resolution between turn off and turn on cycle. When starting, there is no picture of some car, instead of this appears "BlackView" and blackview.com.cn on bottom. Seems like manufacturer is BlackView and for some firmware upgrades we can try to ask them to provide some new features or fix some bugs. GPS is running quite good, first satellite fixing time was aroung 2-3 minutes, after this when I start the car, GPS is fixing in aroung 5-10 seconds. I'm waiting for 32GB microsd card, after receiving it I will fully test this dashcam :) Unfortunately internal 256Mb is not enough even for 720p 30fps video recording.
Some pictures:

Back