GS9000 battery and other issues

mariomart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini, Viofo A119 V3, Viofo A119S V2
Well, I've had the GS9000 for 1 month now and I am very happy with it's general performance. However in the past week several issues have arisen.

The battery keeps going flat and the unit needs to be put on overnight charge to get a few days use before needing another overnight charge. I am NOT using the delayed turn off feature and sometimes the unit does not have enough battery life to save the last file. When this happens the internal date defaults to the year 2105??? The car charger appears to be working correctly, but who knows.

The other issue I have come across is the GPS sometimes doesn't find any satellites, but seems to be fixed if you give the unit a bit of a flick. It could be a bad antenna dock connection.

I have tried contacting Foxoffer.com Support but they have not yet returned my 2 requests for help. As I paid through PayPal I have put in a dispute and should I not get any joy I'll escalate it to a refund. It's a bit disappointing considering I was initially very happy with my purchase.

mariomart said:
I have tried contacting Foxoffer.com Support but they have not yet returned my 2 requests for help.

not sure when that was and if relevant but it's a national holiday in China at the moment, most people are back to work Wednesday

jokiin said:
mariomart said:
I have tried contacting Foxoffer.com Support but they have not yet returned my 2 requests for help.

not sure when that was and if relevant but it's a national holiday in China at the moment, most people are back to work Wednesday

It's relevant, I contacted them over the weekend. Thanks.

mariomart said:
jokiin said:
mariomart said:

It's relevant, I contacted them over the weekend. Thanks.

officially today and tomorrow are the holidays but a lot of people took the Saturday and Sunday off as well, that depends a bit on industry, some can do the extra days off, some can't, I wouldn't expect any response before Wednesday though regardless

jokiin said:
officially today and tomorrow are the holidays but a lot of people took the Saturday and Sunday off as well, that depends a bit on industry, some can do the extra days off, some can't, I wouldn't expect any response before Wednesday though regardless

You would think that with a population of 1,354,040,000 people, at least 1 of them could have stayed back for product support. :lol:

mariomart said:
jokiin said:

You would think that with a population of 1,354,040,000 people, at least 1 of them could have stayed back for product support. :lol:

yeah you'd think you'd never be short staffed but it happens :)

i had this - of date changes and sometimes not saving last file issue - i disabled gsensor and gps for time being to analyse - and for last few weeks it has worked perfectly, obviously MINUS GPS at moment, ill try adding GPS for this week and see if it comes back. I think GPS is draining its power quicker? and do we really need it? If is the quality of videos we are really after!

p_dashcam said:
i had this - of date changes and sometimes not saving last file issue - i disabled gsensor and gps for time being to analyse - and for last few weeks it has worked perfectly, obviously MINUS GPS at moment, ill try adding GPS for this week and see if it comes back. I think GPS is draining its power quicker? and do we really need it? If is the quality of videos we are really after!

If I didn't want the GPS I would have bought just a camera. The product should work the way it is intended.

I got a GS9000 from FoxOffer. I have the same thing. Date goes to the future and the last file is not saved. I didn't yet try turning off the GPS and G-sensor as I only got it 2 days ago.

It's a bit annoying because if you get in an accident and you turn off the ignition, it might not save the last file, which includes the accident !!
But I don't know if I really want to send the device back, I guess I'll just have to remember to turn off the cam before turning off the ignition if it happens.

What do newer firmwares do? Is it worth flashing in new firmware ?

cantremember said:
I got a GS9000 from FoxOffer. I have the same thing. Date goes to the future and the last file is not saved. I didn't yet try turning off the GPS and G-sensor as I only got it 2 days ago.

It's a bit annoying because if you get in an accident and you turn off the ignition, it might not save the last file, which includes the accident !!
But I don't know if I really want to send the device back, I guess I'll just have to remember to turn off the cam before turning off the ignition if it happens.

What do newer firmwares do? Is it worth flashing in new firmware ?

I have a feeling this is a hardware issue, not firmware. I'm going to ask for a replacement from a different model line. I'd gladly pay the difference in price for a newer/better model. Still waiting on Foxoffer to get back to me.

I think I am having a similar issue to what I have read here.
Mine also stopped working completely last week and needed a reset to get it going again. The car was in the sun so it looks like an overheating problem....
I am getting worried about this product (also bought from FoxOffer, about three weeks ago).

rob123 said:
I think I am having a similar issue to what I have read here.
Mine also stopped working completely last week and needed a reset to get it going again. The car was in the sun so it looks like an overheating problem....
I am getting worried about this product (also bought from FoxOffer, about three weeks ago).

My car is mostly garaged and it's pretty cool at the moment. I'm pretty certain there is something wrong with the charging circuit or battery. Mine died again last night and it's had another overnight charge, so it's now happening more frequently.

Finally received a reply from Foxoffer.com , I have decided to return the unit for a full refund and purchase the newer GS900 (VF960) http://www.foxoffer.com/ambarella-a2s70 ... YDoQLUzPQs . This model doesn't have a separate GPS mount, it's all built in, so hopefully there will be no other issues. It also has a 650mAh battery so should be a little better. Plus none of those annoying IR leds at the front. Now I'm without a DVR I feel naked :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Although my GS 9000 from foxoffer malfunction.
The problem is that it will not charge the battery when the cigarette lighter when the cable is connected to the cradle.
but connects to a standard mini-USB connector on the camera works ..
but when the camera starts to get up three location to choose from, choosing which movie mode then work my camera properly.
To avoid having to send the camera back, I asked for discount when buying an new camera and got an offer of 10 dollars discount, hahahaa.
you have to have luck with the purchase, the quality is very uneven.

I have also send them 3-4 mails, and they have not return any answar.
Leo from foxoffer had promised me a new gps model, and that is 7 weeks ago :cry:
They have many problems with the gps mount, with bad soldered wirering. I really hope i will get a new gps mount soon. Otherwise i will return it back! :(

Just want to inform that my GS9000 doesn't have battery or overheating issues, but have issue with wrong lens focusing, so it's focusing on the windscreen. Hope I'll be able to fix the focusing, otherwise will try to replace lens module and mounting.

i bypassed this focus issue by using a CPL filter - helps focus ahead... the reflections caused the focus to be on the windscreen... CPL alleviates the reflection problem,

Since the camera's battery sucks, is it possible to use some kind of external battery?

my GS9000 also started having issues with battery. it often discharges very quickly, even not enough for properly shutting down after parking a car. the reason is in those contacts on the camera and suction mount. there are bad electric contact, sliding pins on the camera part have not enough force to have a unceasing contact. if I push camera to suction mount more firmly, then red light(charging LED) turns on constantly, without pushing it blinks. also GPS doesn't work, I guess the reason is the same. so I don't recommend buying GS9000 to people who are seeking for which dashcam to buy.

Back