GS9000 Firmware update / focus problem

mfa

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
GS9000
Hello,

some time ago I purchased GS9000 from Focalprice.com. After few month it became dead and they resent me new one. This one is with FW V 1.0.7 G85C K.

The first GS9000 was OK until it broke down. Video was extremely clear and sharp. But the second one has problem. It has sharp image only with sunny weather - there must be very big amount of light. When it is foggy / rainy or when is sunset / evening / night the picture is pretty fuzzy and out of focus. I remember that the old one made perfect and sharp video despite lower light conditions.

You can see the difference in attachments below.
11111.png 22222.png

Can FW update solve my problem? Or what do you think? Or am I only paranoid? o_O

Thank you.

for focus issues, the lens could be out of focus internally. this happens on some cameras from these Chinese factories.
you can attempt to disassemble and focus it yourself (there are posts on this forum about that).

or you can return for a replacement.

may or may not be firmware related. most likely its shoddy QC.

Hello,

I have a problem with GS9000 (and also the same with GS5000) with (same) ambarella chip. At an trial to play on a new fimware version/ update the cam it crahes, probably because of problems with battery capacity. When I connect it with PC the power lamp lights on and PC says something like 'unknown device connected by USB' but the LCD stays black and the cam show no reaction.

Do somebody knews a file/ program or a combination of pushing different buttons to wake up the cam or to flash the cam so that I could play on a firmware.

Sorry for this question at this thread, but I am new in forum and don't know how to open a new thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M GSXXXX 0
V GSXXXX 28
C GSXXXX 10
RonyGrep GSXXXX 1
Chad GSXXXX 25
Back