GS9000 Test Video

mariomart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini, Viofo A119 V3, Viofo A119S V2
Finally received my GS9000, so I have uploaded a test video for you all.

Read the YouTube notes section for full details of the clip.

I am currently waiting on a response from FoxOffer.com as to why my unit does not display the speed in the lower left corner. It could be a firmware issue. Apart from that, the unit works perfectly well.

Cheers :) Mario

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that wide angle, you can clearly see next road when turning.
This is like toyota of dashcams, affordable everyday companion.
Except that toyota works 100%, every day of the year ;)

Have you set the GPS setting to say YES?

For those that are interested in where the unit is mounted here are some pics.

The only modification I applied was to use a black permanent marker to color in the shiny silver lens surround as well as applying a small black felt dot to each of the IR lights. This has helped the unit blend in a little better.

Attachments

• SL270134.JPG
    SL270134.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 617
  • SL270135.JPG
    SL270135.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 617
p_dashcam said:
Have you set the GPS setting to say YES?

Yes I have, still no speed display on the video. I have to add that when the .MOV and .MAP is viewed on RegistratorViewer everything works fine (GPS and G sensor).

mariomart said:
I am currently waiting on a response from FoxOffer.com as to why my unit does not display the speed in the lower left corner. It could be a firmware issue. Apart from that, the unit works perfectly well.

I can't see your video from where I am at the moment, is the speed shown but not giving a reading, eg your speed is recorded and displayed in Registrator Viewer but just stays on zero in the video, or the speed is just not there at all in the video?

p_dashcam said:
i would reload the firmware from the foxoffer website, it might be faulty and needs to be reinstalled.

http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/03/04 ... -firmware/

Thank you for your suggestion. I re-downloaded the firmware but this time I tried a different micro SD card. The previous card I used was an old 1 GB card with no speed rating. The new card I used was an 8 GB Transcend Class 4 card. For good measure I installed the firmware 3 times (they say 3rd times a charm ;) ) and it looks like it's fixed the issue.

I have uploaded a newer clip on YouTube.

This video may interest some people as I am driving directly into the setting Sun. The over-saturated Sun appears to have a black mask applied and I was surprised that I could still make out details of the surrounds, maybe they all do this but I have never seen it on a camera at this price level ($109.00 Australian + Delivery) or perhaps it's an undocumented feature. Enjoy!!!

Just uploaded a test video taken on an overcast day with light rain. Don't forget to change to 1080p.

Is it possible to turn camera more higher ? to record more sky ?

xxLDZxx said:
Is it possible to turn camera more higher ? to record more sky ?

Believe it or not. it's already pointing up. Have a look at the picture below.

The 178° lens shows quite a lot.

Attachments

• SL270143.jpg
    SL270143.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 128
Back