GS9000 - which version?

viruck

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,

I am thinking about GS9000 DVR camera. I have found three versions of this model and I don't know which to choose:

1) GS9000 branded "Blackview" with unknown Ambarella processor:

2) GS9000 with Ambarella A2S70:

3) GS9000 with Ambarella A5S50:

What you can recommend to buy? My budget is about 100$.

Regards.

not really a great model regardless of version, maybe have a look at what Foxoffer have on offer in your budget, I think you could buy better for your $100

not really a great model regardless of version, maybe have a look at what Foxoffer have on offer in your budget, I think you could buy better for your $100

So what you can recommend from other products? I read that in this kind of budget GS9000 would be the best option but maybe it was a wrong impression...

So what you can recommend from other products? I read that in this kind of budget GS9000 would be the best option but maybe it was a wrong impression...

Where did you read this from ?

I think GT680W is a better product in this price range, Mini 0801 maybe, the GS9000 has been a problem model for a long time, has been reworked several times and still has issues

Have a look at @niko signature, he has links to a couple of cheap cams that are good bang for your buck

I think GT680W is a better product in this price range, Mini 0801 maybe, the GS9000 has been a problem model for a long time, has been reworked several times and still has issues

Have a look at @niko signature, he has links to a couple of cheap cams that are good bang for your buck

Ok, I will check GT680W - but it is with Novatec processor instead of Ambarella. Is an ambarella better or not?

I also quickly checked Foxoffer for these models:
1) GS6000 with Ambarella A5S30 for 119$

2) GT680W with Novatec probably NT96650

Can you compare them?

Last edited:
NT96650 + AR0330 CMOS budget dadhcams outperforms most A2 - series dashcams.

Ok, I will check GT680W - but it is with Novatec processor instead of Ambarella. Is an ambarella better or not?

I also quickly checked Foxoffer for these models:
1) GS6000 with Ambarella A5S30 for 119$

2) GT680W with Novatec probably NT96650

Can you compare them?

Ambarella processors are far more capable and can support a lot of things that Novatek can't, that said though at the budget end of the market the 96650 processor does offer decent video and is hard t0 beat in the current range of $100 cameras if you're just after a basic performer

Ambarella processors are far more capable and can support a lot of things that Novatek can't, that said though at the budget end of the market the 96650 processor does offer decent video and is hard t0 beat in the current range of $100 cameras if you're just after a basic performer

Agree. If take Ambarella separately, its more advanced, but if comparing withing budget price 1:1 vs NT96650, then in this case NT gives better video performance.

I think if to rise budget up to around 150-170 usd then A5S60 based dashcams will give different performance.

I am thinking about GS9000 DVR camera. I have found three versions of this model and I don't know which to choose:

I had the same question. I believe the Blackview and the Tronsmart are the same camera with the Ambarell A2S70 chip.

Your #3 appears to be a good find. I did not see this one in my search. The A5S50 chip I would think is superior to the A2S70 but I don't know that to be fact. However, on AliExpress's own site you can get the GS9000 A5 for $21 cheaper than your #3 link here>>

I found the Tronsmart GS9000 for $81US here >>http://www.geekbuying.com/item/GS90...Detection-H-264-HDMI-AV-Out-Black-314057.html

and the Blackview GS9000 for $79US with $5 Coupon: PHZOFTDA Expired Date: Feb.8 here>>
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/BLAC...corder-with-GPS-G-sensor-Function-320948.html

I ruled out the GS9000L because it appears to be based on the inferior Novatek 96626 although it looks the same as the GS9000.

The gs9000 A5 would have been my pick. I chose instead to go with the G1WH with the Novatek 96650 for $55. I could not find a review of the gs9000 nor could I find a comparison of the Ambarella A2S70 to the Novatek 96650. The G1W had many sources that listed it as a best buy/best bang for the buck. The G1WH was a 2014 improvement on the G1W. The difference with the G1W and the GS9000 appear to be view angle, IR lighting and gps option. I decided to go with the cheaper G1WH. Had I seen the GS9000 A5 for $86 I might have chose differently.

~C

Regardless of what is inside its still a problem model, issues with the mount are very common on this model, Chinese New Year means nothing is getting sent anytime soon anyway so I'd spend the extra 10 days researching the purchase

G1W or G1WH are the best low priced dashcams ( 50usd +/- ), but most important to buy from reputable resellers.
Still its recommended to go for upper price range 70-100 usd NT96650+AR0330.

Thanks all for your comments, I will study briefly all of your advices :)

Agree. If take Ambarella separately, its more advanced, but if comparing withing budget price 1:1 vs NT96650, then in this case NT gives better video performance.

I think if to rise budget up to around 150-170 usd then A5S60 based dashcams will give different performance.

I believe Viruk found an Ambarella A5 with his #3 option. I found another gs9000 A5 on AliExpress for cheaper. This seem very interesting for $86US. The GS9000 A5 on AliExpress differ from the other GS9000 A2 by not having GPS function. I am not sure if A5 is better than A2 from Ambarella I would think since it is 3 year newer but on their website they show the A5 as "enabled by 45nm CMOS process technology" while the A2 shows much better technology at 32nm dye for ip cameras. (http://www.ambarella.com/products/security-ip-cameras.html)

Is there a forum comparing Ambarella A2 with A5 or Ambarella vs Novatek?

Yesterday I ordered the G1WH for $55 but really debated over the GS9000 (A2) model. A A5 model with for the same price would have made me reconsider my opinion I believe.

Last edited:
Hi again,

Chris - I belive in your satisfactory purchase.

Regarding to the previous posts I am pretty sure for buying GT680W taking care of my budget. However, I am just looking again in Foxoffer.com exposition and I've just found a model "GF2000" with Ambarella A5S50: www.foxoffer.com/ambarella-a5s50-gf2000-car-dvr-full-hd-car-dash-camera-p-668.html Can anyone say a few words about this model? Any impressions?

Regards

Back