GS90C vs RX300 which one is better?

richard0391

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am posting two videos for RX300 vs GS90C. Can you please tell me which one is better?

RX300

GS90C

Personally the GS90C is technically the superior of the two and best when run in 2560x1080 mode. Mine just didn't last very long. I need to dig it out and see if it's any better on more recent firmware versions.

You would probably find the GS90C has better night footage with less video noise.

Thanks reverend for your response. However, comparing the two videos, it looks to me that RX300 video has relatively crispier and sharper colours. GS90C has no options to change EV but RX300 has.

You'd have to upload raw footage to be honest as YT isn't really any good for a straight comparison as it reduces the quality of both.

I did have to manually focus my first G90 but the second was pin sharp - it may be that you need to adjust the video.

Just checking but you have tried the G90C in 2560x1080 mode as otherwise it will be downsampling the video which reduces the quality. The 2560x1080 mode is straight from the sensor.

The Novatek cameras do tend to produce cleaner looking images in the day but night is another matter with those two cameras you have.

You'd have to upload raw footage to be honest as YT isn't really any good for a straight comparison as it reduces the quality of both.

I did have to manually focus my first G90 but the second was pin sharp - it may be that you need to adjust the video.

Just checking but you have tried the G90C in 2560x1080 mode as otherwise it will be downsampling the video which reduces the quality. The 2560x1080 mode is straight from the sensor.

The Novatek cameras do tend to produce cleaner looking images in the day but night is another matter with those two cameras you have.

Thanks reverend for your response. I can assure you that the raw videos are exactly the same quality as the uploaded youtube videos.
By the way, what do you mean by saying "adjust the video" ? Is it editing using a software? GS90 doesn't have light exposure adjustment menu unlike RX300.
Also, I am showing the comparison of both cameras with night videos shown below.

RX300

GS90C

Again, RX300 night video is slightly better in my opinion and with more details compared to GS90C. GS90C videos looks a little grainier while RX300 is sharper. Maybe the GS90C I received is fake, which is unlikely because I bought it from a reputable seller (Foxoffer).

uncompressed video shot side by side is the only worthwhile comparison, YouTube degrades the quality

uncompressed video shot side by side is the only worthwhile comparison, YouTube degrades the quality
These two videos comparisons were taken side by side at the same time. I just don't have the software to show them in one video. How can I show the uncompressed videos here?

The only way to share would be upload the files to somewhere like mega.co.nz or Dropbox or similar for download

The spec is a lot different and each have their strengths and weaknesses, depends what is important to you as to which may be the preferred option

I tried the 2560x1080 mode but the video doesn't have sound. Does the video in this mode doesn't have sound?

That would be a firmware bug, I don't think either of these models are particularly well supported so pretty much take them at face value, updates may never happen

Back