GT300 STUCK ON MASS STORAGE

Difficult as there is no cigarette lighter connection in my car

may not be a specific Cigarette lighter, but the standard round 12v charger socket is what I mean... surely you have that?

The whole thing with the original GT300W was that it was the essentially the exact same thing as the DOD LS300W at around half the price. DOD's offerings always seem outrageously overpriced. And four years ago, there were not so many choices as we have today if you were looking for a decent performing dash cam.

despite being the same cams I hadn't heard of the GT300w, maybe the DOD brand took off better? Techmoan had done reviews on DOD cams, I think that's what first introduced the brand to me. There are literally too many cams to choose from today...

10:07 AM:
Must apologise must be my 66 senior years playing up. After checking your suggestion checked car for cigarette lighter socket and found it (well hidden) connected it up and camera worked i will try it when next travelling.
Thanking you all for your kind helpful tips and suggestions

Graham
7:36 PM:
may not be a specific Cigarette lighter, but the standard round 12v charger socket is what I mean... surely you have that?
:rolleyes::p;)

Hello everyone. I have an Auto Vox 118c and for 2 years worked fine in my VolksWagen Golf 2001. It has a lighter plug that is on with the keys out or in. The car came like that and I like it cos I leave it on when I park in town. My camera goes into mass storage or PC camera mode on the lighter plug. I changed the 32 gb to 64. I cut the wire thinking its 4 wires and leave two out. But there are only two wires, red and black. I did reset, nothing. It started to do this after 2 years and since cold came. My battery car is brand new and the old one cope with the camera left for 10 hours on anyway. I took the camera out and put it to my laptop with a cable and usb. It connect the same, mass storage and pc camera ( that is supposed to ). I also connected to my laptop charger with that usb cable and the charger won't switch it to mass storage or pc camera. So my conlusion is that the looong lighter plug cable is damaged along the way but i doubted, also I suspect the plug, since i plug and unplug for two years now, even if the green light is on and ok, there is something wrong with the male or female receiver on the current. It doesn't flicker, But still, I can't think of any issue or solving it for now. I must press the orange button, on mass or pc, make the display blue, unplug, plug back do it again, twice, and then will go into record mode. Its annoying ! I made a video with my problem -

Last edited:
Hi again people ! So after more than a month of testing and playing with my dashcam, nothing seemed to solve my problem posted above. Winter was on, very cold and snow, humid inside the car. But I did bumped into a pattern that seems to make my dashcam start record again. Here is what I did, by mistake: I plug it in the lighter and the menu for the MASS STORAGE AND PC CAMERA comes on right? I scroll down to PC CAMERA and press the orange button and the screen gets blue. As soon as it gets blue I press the reset button on the right side and when it comes back it starts recording, no more MASS or PC. Try it !

Last edited:
Back