GT300W Battery Life/Duration When Not Charging

noisuf

New Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I've done a quick search and can see some people have issues with the battery drain for the GT300W.

Mine has arrived and even after a couple of full charges overnight, the camera only runs for 1 min record mode when not being charged.

I would have thought a 500mAh battery should power the unit for much longer than that?

How long are other GT300W owners getting with this dashcam when not constantly charging?
 

Willemke

New Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Country
Netherlands
noisuf said:
Hi All,

.
the camera only runs for 1 min record mode when not being charged.

How long are other GT300W owners getting with this dashcam when not constantly charging?
About 20 minutes
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
I could not even get 24hrs of 'off mode' in the car without the date resetting to 2000-01-01, even after an overnight charge.
The GT300W has been sent back to FoxOffer for replacement. I suspect many of these cams have poor quality or bad batteries.
 
OP
N

noisuf

New Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Country
Australia
Willemke said:
About 20 minutes
Wow, I obviously have a dud battery then.....

Gurkha9 said:
I could not even get 24hrs of 'off mode' in the car without the date resetting to 2000-01-01, even after an overnight charge.
The GT300W has been sent back to FoxOffer for replacement. I suspect many of these cams have poor quality or bad batteries.
I understand I have to send back at my own expense even though it's their fault. Guess it's part of their T&Cs....

The GT300Ws are no longer available so I wonder if they'll give you a GT550W instead?
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
noisuf said:
The GT300Ws are no longer available so I wonder if they'll give you a GT550W instead?
I was wondering the same thing. I should find out in a couple of weeks :)
 

Produkttester

Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
GT300W
Gurkha9 said:
noisuf said:
The GT300Ws are no longer available so I wonder if they'll give you a GT550W instead?
I was wondering the same thing. I should find out in a couple of weeks :)
There are "new" GT300W available now. They are sold 3 USD cheaper and come with a new firmware and a free 3M adhesive mount (foxoffer.com).
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
Yeah I saw that, so much for a GT550W replacement!
 

Coathanger

New Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
United Kingdom
Hmm I ordered a LS300w recently, not arrived as yet but GT300w is meant to be an identical LS300w unit right without the branding?
 

RoadEye

New Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Country
United Kingdom
Gurkha9 said:
I could not even get 24hrs of 'off mode' in the car without the date resetting to 2000-01-01, even after an overnight charge.
The GT300W has been sent back to FoxOffer for replacement. I suspect many of these cams have poor quality or bad batteries.
There are certainly quite a few posts on here about others having similar battery problems.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I recently went away on holiday (vacation for Americans) for a week and when I came back the battery was still at full charge.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
R GT300W 3
Gurkha9 GT300W 2

Similar threads


Top