GT300W Battery Life/Duration When Not Charging

noisuf

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I've done a quick search and can see some people have issues with the battery drain for the GT300W.

Mine has arrived and even after a couple of full charges overnight, the camera only runs for 1 min record mode when not being charged.

I would have thought a 500mAh battery should power the unit for much longer than that?

How long are other GT300W owners getting with this dashcam when not constantly charging?

noisuf said:
Hi All,

the camera only runs for 1 min record mode when not being charged.

How long are other GT300W owners getting with this dashcam when not constantly charging?

About 20 minutes

I could not even get 24hrs of 'off mode' in the car without the date resetting to 2000-01-01, even after an overnight charge.
The GT300W has been sent back to FoxOffer for replacement. I suspect many of these cams have poor quality or bad batteries.

Willemke said:
About 20 minutes

Wow, I obviously have a dud battery then.....

Gurkha9 said:
I could not even get 24hrs of 'off mode' in the car without the date resetting to 2000-01-01, even after an overnight charge.
The GT300W has been sent back to FoxOffer for replacement. I suspect many of these cams have poor quality or bad batteries.

I understand I have to send back at my own expense even though it's their fault. Guess it's part of their T&Cs....

The GT300Ws are no longer available so I wonder if they'll give you a GT550W instead?

noisuf said:
The GT300Ws are no longer available so I wonder if they'll give you a GT550W instead?

I was wondering the same thing. I should find out in a couple of weeks :)

Gurkha9 said:
noisuf said:

I was wondering the same thing. I should find out in a couple of weeks :)
There are "new" GT300W available now. They are sold 3 USD cheaper and come with a new firmware and a free 3M adhesive mount (foxoffer.com).

Yeah I saw that, so much for a GT550W replacement!

Hmm I ordered a LS300w recently, not arrived as yet but GT300w is meant to be an identical LS300w unit right without the branding?

Gurkha9 said:

There are certainly quite a few posts on here about others having similar battery problems.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I recently went away on holiday (vacation for Americans) for a week and when I came back the battery was still at full charge.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
R GT300W 3
Gurkha9 GT300W 2
Back