GT300W Firmware Update

Darryl777

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got the GT300W, and the firmware version is V0628031. Is this the latest firmware?
I downloaded the latest firmware file, and it is titled FWA8S711.bin. I read that the file name needs to be changed to do the update? What should I change the file name to?

I think this was the last firmware released,
LS300W 1307170 EN10 E03

I am confused as to why the firmware has different naming conventions in the camera: V0628031, and the one available for download: FWA8S711.bin. Do I need to change the file name for FWA8S711.bin before updating? What should I name it?

The update instructions say to copy the file to the rood directory of the memory card and turn the camera on. The firmware will be updated automatically. Is this correct?

Should just need the .bin file on the SD card. Insert card and power camera, should turn on after update. Remember to remove card before turning camera on again or it will do the update again.

Shouldn't need any updates... Were you having problems?

I wasn't having problems. It's just that I also own the LS300W, and to me it looked like the LS300W had a better picture than the GT300W. I thought that maybe the firmware upgrade would improve the picture. To make sure there was a difference in picture quality, I mounted them side-by-side to do the test. It turns out that almost all of the difference was being caused by the differences in the windshield design. The LS300W car has a more upright windshield, which is also less curved, and has fewer reflections than the windshield of the GT300W car. After looking at the videos, I don't think I can see any measurable difference between the two cameras. It does seem that the video from the LS300W is just a tiny bit more clear and smooth, but that may just be my imagination. I think both cameras are great. What I am waiting for is a dashcam with a larger sensor. This would improve the overall picture quality, specially at night. The video will also be less distorted because a narrower angle lens could be used, giving the same field of view. I would not mind the higher price.

I wasn't having problems. It's just that I also own the LS300W, and to me it looked like the LS300W had a better picture than the GT300W. I thought that maybe the firmware upgrade would improve the picture. To make sure there was a difference in picture quality, I mounted them side-by-side to do the test. It turns out that almost all of the difference was being caused by the differences in the windshield design. The LS300W car has a more upright windshield, which is also less curved, and has fewer reflections than the windshield of the GT300W car. After looking at the videos, I don't think I can see any measurable difference between the two cameras. It does seem that the video from the LS300W is just a tiny bit more clear and smooth, but that may just be my imagination. I think both cameras are great. What I am waiting for is a dashcam with a larger sensor. This would improve the overall picture quality, specially at night. The video will also be less distorted because a narrower angle lens could be used, giving the same field of view. I would not mind the higher price.
Yes from what we have heard the two cameras are the same hardware etc.. Early GT300 even had LS300 mentioned in the firmware on a few cameras we sold. I would say case and software design (colors etc) would be the only differences.

I am having issues with audio not recording. You can hear very slight sounds if you max your volume, but even then it is not clear what the sounds are.

My supplier on Aliexpress sent me a new firmware update, but I am having a problem installing it.

I received two files, LD96650A.bin and FW96650A.bin.

I was told to do the following.

1. Copy LD96650A.bin to memory card and turn on camera, it should appear as if nothing happened. - This step appears to work fine.
2. Remove LD96650A.bin and copy FW96650A.bin to memory card.
3. Turn on camera, nothing should happen, wait 60 seconds, camera will turn on and update complete. - This step is causing me issues, I press the power button, and wait... 30 minutes pass, still nothing. I have to take the memory card out and reset the camera for it to work again.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

I am having issues with audio not recording. You can hear very slight sounds if you max your volume, but even then it is not clear what the sounds are.

I had the exact same issue back in June. FW updates did not help. I sent it back for repair.

My supplier on Aliexpress sent me a new firmware update, but I am having a problem installing it.

I received two files, LD96650A.bin and FW96650A.bin.

I was told to do the following.

1. Copy LD96650A.bin to memory card and turn on camera, it should appear as if nothing happened. - This step appears to work fine.
2. Remove LD96650A.bin and copy FW96650A.bin to memory card.
3. Turn on camera, nothing should happen, wait 60 seconds, camera will turn on and update complete. - This step is causing me issues, I press the power button, and wait... 30 minutes pass, still nothing. I have to take the memory card out and reset the camera for it to work again.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
I've never actually attempted a firmware upgrade, so I don't have any useful information for you. I have not had any audio problems with my camera. It's not the most sensitive microphone, but it works. A conversation spoken with a normal voice is usually audible. Your camera may just have a bad microphone, and not a firmware issue. This is just a guess.

Contacted supplier who agreed it is faulty. However they refuse to do anything to solve it.

I would advise all potential buyers to avoid the following Aliexpress store.

Saddle Technology Co., Ltd.

To update the GT300W, first please know the firmware version.
The new GT300W FW is totally different with before.
Many people know the GT300W is produced by DOD, and sold with shadow brand. But this version is stopped production.
The new version that shadow provided produced from other factory, and use same FW as GT680W.
Shadow told me the new version come with same quality as before.

To update the GT300W, first please know the firmware version.
The new GT300W FW is totally different with before.
Many people know the GT300W is produced by DOD, and sold with shadow brand. But this version is stopped production.
The new version that shadow provided produced from other factory, and use same FW as GT680W.
Shadow told me the new version come with same quality as before.

They eventually sent me a firmware that installed that turned out to be the same version I already had, but as this did not solve the audio issue (or battery issue I might add - the device dies after just a matter of seconds of being switched on with no external power), they said the issue is hardware, but offered no solution to solve this, no replacement, or fix, or anything. They now ignore my messages.

So, I high recommend people follow my previous advice of avoiding this store on Aliexpress.

What is about the audio issue, no audio? About the battery issue, it can not solved by FW update.
I also thing it is hardware problem. A few GT300W cameras had this audio issue.

Yes I'm aware the battery issue would not be solved by firmware, I'm sure I could just solder on another battery though, I probably have a spare somewhere.

The microphone issue is more concerning for me, does anyone know the actual cause and whether it is fixable via DIY?

Correct, the issue is that the camera records as good as no sound whatsoever. If you turn your speakers up to 100, which usually would destroy your eardrums within seconds, you can sometimes hear a faint glimmer of sound, for example a voice, but it is not possible to make out what is being said.

From the FW version number, it seems you got the very early version gt300w.
As I know, some of this batch use low quality microphone, I don't think it can be fixed by DIY.
Saddle also have good feedback on selling dashcam, it is busy season in China, maybe they will reply you later.

If it's just the microphone physically, surely replacing it will solve the issue?

Unfortunately I think it unlikely -as soon as they said it was hardware issue, they refused to offer any solution, and when I continued to argue it they simply ignored me. Great service up until that point.

Saddle has a decent reputation. My early GT300W was repaired by my seller (FoxOffer) and shipped back for free.
I had the audio issue and the battery issue, same as you.

Saddle has a decent reputation. My early GT300W was repaired by my seller (FoxOffer) and shipped back for free.
I had the audio issue and the battery issue, same as you.

If they have such a good reputation, why aren't they doing anything to fix my camera? As I said, they couldn't be more helpful up until they decided it was a hardware fault, then they didn't want to know.

Did you have to pay to return it to FoxOffer? I'm guessing if I ever get a response from Saddle they may offer this, but looking at return costs, it hardly seems worth it at $16 (correction: make that $20 with insurance for item cost) when the camera was $100...

Seems these faults are fairly common, not really acceptable they are offering nothing when clearly they know about the issues.

Last edited:
Did you have to pay to return it to FoxOffer? I'm guessing if I ever get a response from Saddle they may offer this, but looking at return costs, it hardly seems worth it at $16 (correction: make that $20 with insurance for item cost) when the camera was $100...

With a tracking number back to China it was $46CAD for me but FoxOffer shared the shipping back.
I understand your frustration, it took almost 3 months back and forth in my case.
I have not dealt with Saddle personally so I cannot comment on their after sales service.

Back