GT300W Firmware Update

Finally got some communication.

Offered to let me return it at my own cost ($20) and then maybe 2 months later, at the earliest, I will get it back fixed.

It really is not worth it. I asked if maybe they would cover half the cost, but this was refused.

Think I'll just use it without the audio for now. Battery doesn't matter and I can replace anyway. At some point I will just order another, they are like $68 now.

When I next make an order from the electronics store I'll add a microphone and see if that fixes the audio issue.

With a tracking number back to China it was $46CAD for me but FoxOffer shared the shipping back.
I understand your frustration, it took almost 3 months back and forth in my case.
I have not dealt with Saddle personally so I cannot comment on their after sales service.
This is what people don't understand.. Low initial cost draws them in, but if you get a issue you will be far above N.American sellers cost + down time.

This is what people don't understand.. Low initial cost draws them in, but if you get a issue you will be far above N.American sellers cost + down time.

Obviously that's the risk taken whenever you order something from the other side of the planet.
5+ months ago when I bought the original GT300W ($110) only the LS300W was available locally ($250).
GT300W had FW updates that were available, LS300W was a dead end as DOD Canada expects you to ship it back for a FW update (lol)
We both know they are identical from a hardware and FW perspective. My GT300W came back with the last LS300W FW installed.
So it cost me $23 to ship it and 2.75 months wait time.
Was it worth the savings? that's the question.

Last edited:
DOD Canada wanted you to ship it to them.... Wow! Ahhh don't get me started

Back