GT300W gets stuck on Logo screen or just wont operate

jsan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I purchased my GT300W a while back and it has started to give me trouble now. 80% it never works for me. When I start the car, the camera gets power and stays stuck on the Logo screen. It doesn't go past the logo screen so I have to turn it off by holding the power button down for a few seconds. I also have to cut the power to the camera while I do that.

So after the camera is turned off, it restarts, and it keeps on restarting before it begins to record. It gets stuck in a restarting loop.

After I fiddle with it more, it finally does start and starts to record. Sometimes it gets stuck on the first frame of the video it takes. Then I do the same process and get it to work.

I use a sandisk 32gb Class 10 card. I tried formatting the card several times within the camera and also using a computer. I have switched with a different Sandisk 32gb card and the problem is still there.

Any help would be lovely.
Thanks.

ok wow, no replies so far.

Anyways I went out today and bought another 32GB Class 10 MicroSD card and No difference. I have tried 3 brand new cards and the camera still freezes. I know for sure the camera is the problem. I gonna contact the manufacturer and hopefully they can sort this out for me.

Any comments on input appreciated.

Edit: This camera was purchased in September 2013 and put to use in October 2013. The camera ran fine and the problems began about 3 months ago. They were mild in the beginning but now the camera works only 10% of the time.

if you've tried other cards then it's likely a hardware issue, reflashing the firmware or an updated version (if you can get either) might help but might be no better off

This stuck on Logo screen can happen on some NTK96650 camera, I found this problem on GT300W, GT550WS, SJ1000, SJ4000 Action camera.
Even the FW reflashing can not solve this problem. Normally it need ship back to get replacement or repaired

Thanks for the comment. I emailed foxoffer 4-5days ago, waiting to hear back. They have warranty for a year.

This stuck on Logo screen can happen on some NTK96650 camera, I found this problem on GT300W, GT550WS, SJ1000, SJ4000 Action camera.
Even the FW reflashing can not solve this problem. Normally it need ship back to get replacement or repaired

Hey Bill, do you know what the repair involves? I know someone with soldering skills and since I have no communication with the seller any more, I'm willing to repair the camera rather it become a costly doorstop :p

unlikely you could fix this with a soldering iron, component problem is more likely

if it's a solder issue you may be able to reflow it in an oven (popular fix with problem video cards), it's a longshot although I guess you don't have a lot to lose at this stage, need to remove the battery and lens if you went down this road

Hmm yes I have heard about reflowing problem graphic chips on laptops. Seeing as Bill has seen this problem with a few other DoD units, maybe he knows which component is the problem and if I'm lucky, I could try replacing this component. Long shot yes but I think I would rather give this a go.

This experience has dented my confidence in buying a new DoD unit because to me, they may all have this same inherent fault which is triggered in certain conditions. I'm thinking of buying a G1W if I can't fix this :s

Hmm yes I have heard about reflowing problem graphic chips on laptops. Seeing as Bill has seen this problem with a few other DoD units, maybe he knows which component is the problem and if I'm lucky, I could try replacing this component. Long shot yes but I think I would rather give this a go.

This experience has dented my confidence in buying a new DoD unit because to me, they may all have this same inherent fault which is triggered in certain conditions. I'm thinking of buying a G1W if I can't fix this :s

if it's a component problem I don't think you could do it, the boards are all surface mount components, not really repairable

Got a reply from Foxoffer, they asked me to send in the camera. I have to pay the shipping, So the lowest price I was given was $75 to ship the camera body only. This is really expensive.

I have found this to be the problem with all the Mfg. warranties. Every item has at least a year of Mfg warranty but you end up paying through the nose to ship the item back to them, so they can fix/replace it and send it back to you cheap because they probably way 10% of consumers pay to ship it.

Ugh, this is one of the downsides of living in Canada - shipping is astronomically expensive compared to other countries. :(

Instead of shipping the camera back to FoxOffer, ask if they might be willing to cut you a break on the purchase of another camera. They're pretty good about things like that and it may work out being similar to the cost of just shipping the old one back in the long run. You'll end up with a "parts" camera as back-up and you would also end up spending less time waiting than if you have to wait for two cameras to be shipped back and forth overseas. This too might be worth a few bucks to you in the scheme of things.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
I GT300W 4
wesleyjw GT300W 16
Back