GT300W or LS300W sound problems

albertson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SGZC12RC, and Panorama 2
Please comment if your LS300W or GT300W records sound clearly. Also comment if you get no (or unusable) sound. It would be helpful to know what was the typical performance. I noticed that most of the video clips posted have no sound.
I get nearly no sound. Just an occasional brief fractions of a word or background noise with 10-20 second gaps of no sound. The microphone icon is displayed on the monitor. I can toggle the icon to on or muted with the "mode" button. I have tried pushing the computer sound to max, but no improvement for the general recording. It seems that either the mic component is defective, or the recording process does not work on my unit. I have FW version 201305100. Anyone find a way to improve this?

(continued) I decided to use the playback feature on the cam and the speaker in the cam. I can hear the sound playing without the gaps. The file seems to be okay when using playback on the cam. Now I need to figure out why the downloaded file on the computer does not play the sound with VLC player. I tried iTunes and QuickTime and they both play the sound fine. Very happy with that. Seems this problem is only with my VLC player.

(continued) Okay. My problem with the VLC player. Uninstalled and then downloaded current version and it plays the video files fine. Clear sound. Hooray !!! :D

I am fine with deleting this topic, if that fits the forum policy. Seems to be just my learning experience. The LS300W works great. Even the sound. Maybe I can post a short video clip from my unit in a couple days. Could be another learning experience. Still puzzled why many other LS300W videos do not include sound.

albertson said:
Still puzzled why many other LS300W videos do not include sound.

perhaps people don't want to post videos with sound, I've got stacks of video files, a few terabytes and counting but for the vast majority of it I'd want to edit the sound out if sharing as I don't want my conversations in the public domain

My Ls300w no audio problemn also.

Seem it GT300W related. whats going on whit Tiotech.

GeorgesNJR said:
My Ls300w no audio problemn also.
Seem it GT300W related. whats going on whit Tiotech.

Your LS300W was not part of the first batch of cameras with white text that's right justified.
The left justified text on your camera suggests it was slightly newer firmware as well as a new batch of product if it arrived that way.
Same thing with GT300W, there are no sound issues anymore in the latest (and last) batch of cameras. There was a change in the microphone itself after the first batch.

I probably got my GT300W from the first batch and it does not record audio. Initially it was feeble. Now there is no audio. I have a LS300W and LS400W they don't have any sound issues. I am planning to return my GT300W for a replacement from Fox Offer.

I repaired my GT300w. The microphone was soldered incorrectly. This plus the board coincides with the plus microphone! I soldered a microphone in reverse and the problem was solved.

On mine LS300W when play back videos with sound later on on PC, sound was fading ( volume going slightly up and down ), but It was only when my car radio played loud music. If listening music at normal level, then there was no sound fading when later on play back on PC.

v.a.z said:
I repaired my GT300w. The microphone was soldered incorrectly. This plus the board coincides with the plus microphone! I soldered a microphone in reverse and the problem was solved.

Do you have any before and after pictures of this? I am not sure what you mean by "soldered a microphone in reverse".

mic.JPG

Back