GT300W Strange Firmware (SeeZeus GT300W V2.1)

x5252x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased what was advertised as a GT300W, however the menus are different to my other GT300W, and the firmware is "SeeZeus GT300W V2.1" which I have never seen or heard of before.

I found an eBay listing which shows the firmware I appear to have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/190977633767
The image quality seems comparable to the other GT300W I have, however I haven't tested it in a car so can't really do a true comparison. One thing I have noticed however is that the image flashes when going from different light conditions, so from dark to bright, or bright to dark, the other GT300W I have does not do this.

Internally they are completely different boards (haven't checked chips as they are behind screen), but the new camera has a huge battery.

Is the new camera genuine, just a "newer" version, or is it some sort of fake?

Last edited:
I believe @billknow mentioned something about a "new" GT300W that was now being made at another factory but not by TioTech.
The componets used may or may not be the same as the "original" GT300W from last summer, which was identical to the LS300W at the time apart from the name.

I believe @billknow mentioned something about a "new" GT300W that was now being made at another factory but not by TioTech.
The componets used may or may not be the same as the "original" GT300W from last summer, which was identical to the LS300W at the time apart from the name.

TioTech is just a marketing name from DOD, the product is made in a variety of locations already, perhaps they've just shifted it to one of the others they work with

It is gt300w from Shadow, produced by other factory, not by DOD, almost same quality.
Use same firmware with shadow gt680w.

I own a Shadow GT300w purchased through alibaba.com from the seller Saddle Technology Co, Ltd. It came with firmware V0628031 firmware installed. It's been freezing occasionally on me, and doesn't reset unless it runs out of battery, or if I reset the device with a paperclip. I have been having the hardest time upgrading from v0628031 firmware. I have attempted to update the loader (LD966550A.bin) and I have also tried to update the firmware using different revisions FWA8S711.bin, FW966550A.bin and I have also attempted to renaming these firmware files to V2328031.bin (supposedly the latest firmware thtat works on this dashcam I own.) Unfortunately, I have been unable to find V2328031.bin. And Saddle Technology hasn't helped at all.

The seller did answer my inquiry, but responded with:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is gt300w from Shadow, produced by other factory, not by DOD, almost same quality.
Use same firmware with shadow gt680w.

Tried to put v2.2 firmware from gt680w but it bricked the camera.

Put the file on the MicroSD, pressed power, waited for 10 mins, nothing.

Pressing or holding reset does nothing, removing MicroSD and trying to turn camera on does nothing.

Connecting to power, the red LED lights up, but camera does not turn on.

Was it the new version of the GT300W? Why did you try the older GT680W firmware, did someone suggest that version?

Was it the new version of the GT300W? Why did you try the older GT680W firmware, did someone suggest that version?
Yes, read the post I just quoted in my previous reply.

there are different version of the GT680W, 2.2 is from the older version, I don't see where it was suggested to use the old version, wouldn't seem logical this being a new version of the GT300W

there are different version of the GT680W, 2.2 is from the older version, I don't see where it was suggested to use the old version, wouldn't seem logical this being a new version of the GT300W
It was simply suggested to try gt680w firmware, not a specific firmware version.

Perhaps, either way.

Does anyone have working firmware for this camera? I tried 2.7, but still doesn't work.

Interestingly, I think after I try to turn it on, the menu and mode buttons make a beep sound when pressed.

Tried to put v2.2 firmware from gt680w but it bricked the camera.

Put the file on the MicroSD, pressed power, waited for 10 mins, nothing.

Pressing or holding reset does nothing, removing MicroSD and trying to turn camera on does nothing.

Connecting to power, the red LED lights up, but camera does not turn on.

I currently have this exact same problem. When I turned it on it was making the startup (or shut down) noise after about 10 seconds but now it's not even doing that.

When it's not plugged in, can't do anything.

When it's plugged into computer, red light shows but screen stays off and nothing else happens.

Did you resolve this problem or does anybody have any ideas that could help me?

I've tried several firmware versions but note that I have NOT tried the GT680w firmware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
J GT300W 11
I GT300W 4
Back