GT350W using TioTech GT300W / Dod LS300W hardware / firmware

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Few weeks ago was released third model ( GT350W ) which is based on TioTech GT300W or Dod LS300W.
It took me 2 weeks to put together some information with some help from my Chinese contacts.

Official full name is "GT350W Shadow-Recorder" and it is Shadow-Tec brand. I assume they have some kind of deal with TioTech supplying them hardware / firmware. Shell ( case / body ) is manufactured by other factory, so in combination they have GT350W.

http://www.shadow-tec.com/

The only difference is in outer casing. It uses same body as released 3-4 weeks ago G1W and word "shadow GR350W" on LCD screen bottom right corner.

G1W topic:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1449

Best price ( 02 June 2013 ) is 94.91usd incl. standard delivery:

Here are all Aliexpress sellers who has GT350W:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=gt350w&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20130602020756

Foxoffer has it here:

NB!
This post was edited.

After research and confirmations I can say that Foxoffer sells ORIGINAL LS350W Shadow Tech ( from TioTech ) !

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 2,521
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 2,520
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 2,519
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 2,521
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 2,520
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 2,519
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 2,519
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 2,519
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 2,518
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 2,516
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 2,517
  • m12 GT300 vs H200 board.jpg
    m12 GT300 vs H200 board.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 2,520
  • m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,514
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 2,513
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,514
  • m16.jpg
    m16.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,513
Re: GT350W using TioTech GT300W / Dod LS300W hardware / firm

Online video samples:

From Tudou.com

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/y8WGgjUT52Y/?FR=LIAN
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5F5XOW7b-x4/?FR=LIAN

Chose highest resolution ( see below )

From YouKu.com ( SoKu.com )

http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_gt350w

chose 720p ( see below )

Unfortunately Youku ( Soku ) does not allow watching 1080p from outside mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, but 720p is good enough to get some video samples.

Attachments

• Tudou com CHose Full HD.jpg
    Tudou com CHose Full HD.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 2,504
  • YouKu chose 720p.jpg
    YouKu chose 720p.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 2,504
  • youku not allow 1080p.jpg
    youku not allow 1080p.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 2,504

Dear niko,
Thanks for your hard work for getting the GT350W info.
We got the GT350W directly from Shadow-Tech.
You think the GT350W we sell is not the original, but the truth is we got the non-brand GT350W from shadow.
We asked shadow to provide us non-brand DVR, because I don't like put some Chinese text on DVR . But shadow still put the brand on the gift box.

Of course no problem for us to provide shadow brand DVR.

We have good cooperation with shadow, when the first released the GT300W and GT350W, they send them to us on time. We always can get the new DVR from them firstly.
They will release a new DVR use same solution as GT300W, it similar to DOD GSE550.

We will get a new DVR from other manufacture which use the same solution with GT350W but support GPS.
Also it looks same as GT350W.

There are many manufactures provide similar GT350W Car DVR, shadow-tech also is not a manufacture, they just OEM the product and put their brand on DVR. I prefer to sell non-brand DVR.

Also there are some one sell ls300w plus at higher price, but it is also the same as ls300w.

billknow said:
Dear niko,
Thanks for your hard work for getting the GT350W info.
We got the GT350W directly from Shadow-Tech.
You think the GT350W we sell is not the original, but the truth is we got the non-brand GT350W from shadow.
We asked shadow to provide us non-brand DVR, because I don't like put some Chinese text on DVR . But shadow still put the brand on the gift box.

Of course no problem for us to provide shadow brand DVR.

We have good cooperation with shadow, when the first released the GT300W and GT350W, they send them to us on time. We always can get the new DVR from them firstly.
They will release a new DVR use same solution as GT300W, it similar to DOD GSE550.

Thank you for quick replay and PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OFFENDED !
I did not want to lower down your reputation. I had to add this "fake-thing" info in regards to some buyers might think that the only original GT350W has Chinese logos at the front and security sticker on bottom, as it was explained on Chinese websites and Shadow-Tec as well. Hope you know what I mean. With this kind of information on the web every buyer would think same way and you would lose customers.
I wanted to post topic as I would see if I would be a standard buyer ( newbie ) and I wanted that you would give extra info ( as you did ), so people could get more confident information.
Your idea of selling non-branded ( without Chinese words ) at the front will surely put more customers to buy from you, because majority of buyers do not like words on dash cameras. So I see my "fake-thing" information added before as a bonus for your sales.

P.S. As you decided to sell GT350W non-branded ( without any words or logos on it ) but still with gold fascia, my recommendation and the best selling point would be full matt black case. I guess most buyers agree, - they want as stealthy look as it can be and black matt colour is the best choice. Otherwise buyer has to paint themselves gold plated fascia, which is extra work and money spend on paint ( plasti dip spray cost ca 15 euro here in EU ).

NB!
This post was edited.

After research and confirmations I can say that Foxoffer sells original LS350W Shadow Tech ( from TioTech ) !

billknow said:
We will get a new DVR from other manufacture which use the same solution with GT350W but support GPS.
Also it looks same as GT350W.

There are many manufactures provide similar GT350W Car DVR, shadow-tech also is not a manufacture, they just OEM the product and put their brand on DVR. I prefer to sell non-brand DVR.

Yes, by today I have accounted about 5 gold-plated GT350W style fakes on the market and around 25 fakes based on G1W model.
As previously asummed: Shadow-Tec is buying firmware / hardware from TioTech and case from other factory and ordering assembly by third party. Thank you for confirming that.

NB!
This post was edited.

After research and confirmations I can say that Foxoffer sells original LS350W Shadow Tech ( from TioTech ) !

How would you say this compares to the GT300W?

Thanks Niko!

niko said:
Yes, by today I have accounted about 5 gold-plated GT350W style fakes on the market and around 25 fakes based on G1W model..

worst I've seen was a supplier that emailed me yesterday, same model with some other low end solution inside @ USD $25, not hard to imagine how bad that one would be, very annoying when they start doing this as it makes it hard for the customers to know which are the better ones and a lot of people get duped

jokiin said:
niko said:
Yes, by today I have accounted about 5 gold-plated GT350W style fakes on the market and around 25 fakes based on G1W model..

worst I've seen was a supplier that emailed me yesterday, same model with some other low end solution inside @ USD $25, not hard to imagine how bad that one would be, very annoying when they start doing this as it makes it hard for the customers to know which are the better ones and a lot of people get duped

I have already got burned by one such a guy, where after I have discovered that this fake dash cam performance was not quite the same as original tiotech based product. I have opened and saw motherboard , cpu etc. being exactly the same "copy" as described above ( how to spot fake vs original ). I guess the only way to spot fake vs original is to ask seller to open and make picture of motherboard.

niko said:
I guess the only way to spot fake vs original is to ask seller to open and make picture of motherboard.

even then you can't know if the pics will match what you actually get, people that are out to rip you off aren't exactly trustworthy to begin with

jokiin said:
niko said:
I guess the only way to spot fake vs original is to ask seller to open and make picture of motherboard.

even then you can't know if the pics will match what you actually get, people that are out to rip you off aren't exactly trustworthy to begin with

Yes, same thoughts here.
Most important to get to the honest supplier-seller. Some time it is just a test-and-try game, especially if you are looking to get best cheapest price, but in many cases works rule: " its looks too good to be true "

xreyuk said:

Thanks Niko!

Just wanted to quote in case you guys had missed this :)

xreyuk said:
xreyuk said:

Thanks Niko!

Just wanted to quote in case you guys had missed this :)

Sorry, missed.
DOD LS300W = TioTech GT300W = Shadow Tec GT350W, - they all are the same, only outer shell / case is different on GT350W, other than that all rest is the same including hardware and firmware.

Ahhh okay thanks Niko.

xreyuk said:
Ahhh okay thanks Niko.

You are welcome.
You may also read Foxoffer ( billknow ) post on first page confirming Shadow-Tec is related to TioTech and about they ( Foxoffer ) own ordered shell / body ( with no logoes ).
I am getting one in the next 1-2 weeks just to see and be sure myself that everything is as written.

I bought one too (Aliexpress), advertised as: “2013 New Netrual DOD LS300W Car DVR Recorder with Super High Definition WDR Full HD 1920 x 1080P 30fps + 2.7 inch screen GT300W”
And I got this one:
:)

Attachments

• TioTech0.jpg
    TioTech0.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 499
  • tiotech20.jpg
    tiotech20.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 500

Internal PCB picture

Attachments