GT350W using TioTech GT300W / Dod LS300W hardware / firmware

Re: GT350W using TioTech GT300W / Dod LS300W hardware / firm

billknow said:
so I contact shadow directly, they told me is 4G lens.
So shadow told you the GT350W has a 4G lens, but they post on their own website that it has a 6G lens ?
http://www.shadow-tec.com/info.asp?id=79
Isn't that official shadow website ? please confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:

aasoror said:
billknow said:
so I contact shadow directly, they told me is 4G lens.
So shadow told you the GT350W has a 4G lens, but they post on their own website that it has a 6G lens ?
http://www.shadow-tec.com/info.asp?id=79
Isn't that official shadow website ? please confirm.
I am sure is a 4G lens. The spec on their website is not true.

Cut in cost , unscrupulous DashCam makers.

GeorgesNJR said:
Cut in cost , unscrupulous DashCam makers.

Yes it's only about cost, they're constantly trying to hit lower price points to meet buyer demand, there's a distinct difference between building a product to a price versus building one to a standard

I will be getting gt350w within few days, then i can take a look inside to see motherboard print and test how many layers lens has.
From my past experiments i was able to count lenses layers by recording direct low sun and turning car to the left or right, at that point i was able to see clearly on pc monitor and count lens glare rings. Sample test with dod ls300w showed always nice clearly readable 6 glare rings from lenses.

Does anyone else knows any other way how to check how many lenses dash cam have?

Got mine GT350W.
Did few night recordings side by side with Dod LS300W.
First results on video quality are exactly the same on both.
Will try to post side by side comparison videos soon.

What impressed me most is that Shadow GT350W has the quickest start-up Recording time of 2sec from all other dash cams I ever tested or had read / heard about. After turning off an ignition both dash cams records about 10sec video and after powers off.
Next quickest recording start-up is Panorama2 by Powerucc with 3sec and Dod ls300w 4-5 sec.

Yeah I've got one of the generic models as well and startup is super quick

jokiin said:
Yeah I've got one of the generic models as well and startup is super quick

Heehh, I hope i got generic one. Have to do full test and dis-assembly to confirm all info.
Bitrate is 12Mbps vs 15Mbps on ls300w ( maybe Shadow Tec decided it will be enough), but menu interface is exactly the same as on dod with only difference of added "shadow" word infront of date / time as it is advertised on Shadow Tec website.
Also max Aaperture is F1.6 which shows that lens must be same as on dod, at least numberplates can read even at 10m from next lane car.

My first impression is positive, but i will make conclusions after all tests done.

By the way, do you know any other way how to find out how many layers are lens other than the way of looking at low sunlight windshield glare as i mentioned in my other post ?

Shadow told me the night video of 6G lens version is better than 4G lens.
It is hard to tell the difference in daytime video.

billknow said:

So I suggest gt350w I got has 6G glass lens because on PC screen comparing same night videos of gt350w and ls300w side by side i did not see any difference in video quality.

niko said:
billknow said:

So I suggest gt350w I got has 6G glass lens because on PC screen comparing same night videos of gt350w and ls300w side by side i did not see any difference in video quality.
I think the LS300W is better presented, the finish and included accessories are better, I don't see anything from a technical perspective that justifies the expense over the cheaper versions though

Not sure about the lens as it's not something we need to do as we order what we need and don't need to try and work out what it is

jokiin said:
niko said:
billknow said:

I think the LS300W is better presented, the finish and included accessories are better, I don't see anything from a technical perspective that justifies the expense over the cheaper versions though

I agree with you on ls300w being better presented. Mount bracket slide in part into device is much stronger hold than on gt350w and g1w i tested, however suction part is very strong on both: gt350w and ls300w.
Mini usb has also stronger hold on ls300w than g1w and gt350w but this can be easy adjusted diy 2min work.
Amount of accessories are the same, looks similar but dont know long term reliability yet.
However i like in gt350w cigarette lighter plug tip having on/off switch like most Korean dash cams using. It gives more ways to operate.

Overall i dont see justification of almost 2x price difference. Maybe only because Dod is developer and thats where they have to cover they brand name invested money.

I think TioTech gt300w sits in the golden middle position and their price vs overall whole package quality is justified.

I think the cheapest versions of this cam are a very viable option to anyone that might otherwise consider a DVR207 or similar entry level 720p cam, they just don't compare at all

The DOD version is hard to justify at full retail prices though

On G1W I had to adjust those pins to push them slightly inside to get better hold on mini usb power cable. Its same technique with other models.

Attachments

• IMG_20130703_122657.jpg
    IMG_20130703_122657.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 394

jokiin said:
I think the cheapest versions of this cam are a very viable option to anyone that might otherwise consider a DVR207 or similar entry level 720p cam, they just don't compare at all

If buyer get lucky to buy original gt350w then its fine, if copy then its not. My advice for people who are between considering buying ls300w, gt300w, gt350w is not to be cheap, counting every cent, but adding 20-25usd to the budget and buy TioTech original gt300w from reputable reseller. Their price vs quality is justified.

jokiin said:

As a GT300W and DVR027 owner I agree with your assessment 100%.

niko said:
On G1W I had to adjust those pins to push them slightly inside to get better hold on mini usb power cable. Its same technique with other models.

my gt350 had the usb connector issue also, i had to cramp using plier.

my day video is great, however my night video is very bad. doesn't look like the 6g on the dod ls300... tons of noise at night.

so im assuming the gt350 lense sucks at night, but i have yet to try a gt300w

tbkonwso1 said:
niko said:

my gt350 had the usb connector issue also, i had to cramp using plier.

my day video is great, however my night video is very bad. doesn't look like the 6g on the dod ls300... tons of noise at night.

so im assuming the gt350 lense sucks at night, but i have yet to try a gt300w

Which firmware version you have on your gt350w ?

Here are side by side comparison night videos tests DOD LS300W vs Shadow Tec GT350W
Overall I can say they both have the same video quality. In some cases GT350W had even better night video recording.
Due to YouTube compression and other "magics" of YouTube, the quality on the screen is not what is in real, but still for comparison can see that those two models perform equally.

When you watching YouTube videos, don't forget to select 1080p.

EV value on both dash cams was set to "0"

GT350W vs DOD LS300W Night High Way

GT350W vs DOD LS300W Night Street

GT350W vs DOD LS300W Night country side roads

GT350W vs DOD LS300W Night City

Strange, but Shadow Tec GTG350W in some cases performs in pitch dark even better than DOD LS300W.
Look at the sky on the background. You can see more details like clouds, trees etc. on GT350W than on LS300W.
Watching on Smart phones you might not notice sky background difference, at least mine S4 does not show it, so please watch video clip on PC.

GT350W vs DOD LS300W Pitch Dark Night

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
niko GT300W 12
Back