GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

But apparently is the same camera. How to cheat GT550W?

Do you know where I can download the firmware to gt550W

I have one problem with my GR550W. In the morning and after sunset or on a cloudy day my picture are blue in WB auto mode. For example, picture with Auto WB and Day WB. Why my camera can not cope with WB?

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Przechwytywanie2.JPG
    Przechwytywanie2.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 35
Hello everyone :)

I've just ordered a GT550WS from Foxoffer , I just wanted to ask the one I ordered doesn't come with the GPS module ( not too bothered ) but does it have the socket for the GPS module or is it blank ?

Thanks to this forum , I should have looked into dvr's a bit more before I ordered a GS8000L unit :mad: recording has a lot of noise just taking a video in a well lit room and in the car everything is just blurry .
So hoping the GS550WS is better .

I've just ordered a GT550WS from Foxoffer , I just wanted to ask the one I ordered doesn't come with the GPS module ( not too bothered ) but does it have the socket for the GPS module or is it blank ?
It is black, and have socket for GPS module. The GPS module is optional, if you need the GPS feature, you can buy it separately in future.

Thanks to this forum , I should have looked into dvr's a bit more before I ordered a GS8000L unit :mad: recording has a lot of noise just taking a video in a well lit room and in the car everything is just blurry .
So hoping the GS550WS is better .
GT550ws has socket for GPS. And the quality is excellent! Also GPS is the high speed new style.

Thank you for the quick reply :)

I just received my GT550W today and started playing around with it and now I have a question.

What's the G Sensor Sensitivity? I'm confused I've turned it on and off and can't see it do anything different :S

With Motion Detection On I notice it will stop recording if there's no motion in the last 10 seconds

G Sensor will lock files if triggered, you can adjust the sensitivity

Motion detect is behaving as expected, there's not much practical use for it on your camera though

It's not showing anything on the screen that's it activated that's why I'm confused :S

Okay nvm it's working I just had the settings up too high and me shaking the camera wasn't enough for it to detect it

Yes a padlock shows up in the bottom left corner

Just got a GT550WS for my brother and while the picture quality is very good, the motion detect seems unreliable. It stops recording at lot at night when on unlit roads and even sometimes when there is good lighting. I was stopped at a red light with other cars crossing in both directions at least once per second, but the unit only recorded me coming to a stop and started again when the opposing turn traffic started to move. The 20-30 seconds of cross traffic movement while waiting on the red was completely missed. I also drove 2 miles on an unlit highway with other traffic and signs lit by the headlight, yet the camera only recorded the turn to the onramp and when exiting, nothing else in between. There is also at least .5 to 1 second of lag between the start of movement and actual recording. I couldn't find any option to adjust motion detect sensitivity, but it should probably be increased, especially at night.

I understand the motion detect is probably meant for parking mode, but it seems to have a negative impact on normal recording performance and nobody is going to go into the menu and turn it on/off everytime they get in or out of the car.

KuoH

With Motion Detection On I notice it will stop recording if there's no motion in the last 10 seconds

Motion detection on these Novatek cameras needs to be turned off for normal dash cam use.
If you want to drive around using motion detection a Panorama II is what you need.
Automatically going into parking mode and such without going into the menu every time is not within the realm of $100 cameras as far as I know.

While I'm not aware of which mid range dashcams are capable of doing this automatically, I wouldn't say that it's not within the realm. It's likely that the designers calibrated the motion detection parameters in daylight and didn't consider night time operation. The hardware and software is likely already there, they just needed to add a bit more smarts to it. It's doubtful that the motion detection routine was hard coded to just on/off, since that would've prevented any development testing. If it's like any other imaging processing algorithms, the output is probably a scale, let's say 1 to 10. They picked a number that gave the desired results in daytime, but could've added a simple check for overall scene brightness and increased the sensitivity in low light automatically, or just add a menu option for low/med/high motion sensitivity. But like many other manufacturers, it was rushed to market without proper testing. Perhaps Jokiin can make sure his company's upcoming products don't fall into this same trap.

I'll have to research the Panorama II some more, but at first glance, it isn't really the form factor I'm looking for.

KuoH

Automatically going into parking mode and such without going into the menu every time is not within the realm of $100 cameras as far as I know.

Back