GT550W white lettering

CD55

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure if this has been addressed and if it has my apologies.
I am interested in purchasing a GT550 but can't get past all the white lettering.
Is there a paint or process that could be used to cover this up?

Try to use black electrical tape first. If you not happy with result, then buy black matt plasti dip spray paint. But I am sure if you use electrical tape, after few days you will forget that it is there, especially if dash camera blends in with rearview mirror, - it will be hard to notice a tape on dash camera.

Thank you gentlemen.
It was find a fix or buy the G900.
I can now make my purchase .

Does anyone know how plastidip is affected by heat+sun?

I too wasn't pleased with all the white lettering on my GT300 so I painted mine with flat black spray paint. The shell of the GT300 and GT550 is a snap fit so the front can easily be removed for painting. I took the opportunity to disconnect and remove the wires to the otherwise useless white LEDs mounted on the front of this camera and painted over the lens for these lamps, thereby enhancing the stealthier appearance I was after.

Mab0hK0.jpg

Last edited:
That came out perfect.
Exactly how I want mine to look.
Good job!

Thanks! So far the finish seems quite durable.

Oh, BTW if you attempt this, the only tricky part is the rubber insert that covers the micro switches that operate the camera. It can be difficult to re-seat the rubber switch cover so that it stays put.

Back