GT680W Disassembly?

Bruce613

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I want to disassemble my new GT680W to plastidip the silver sections black. Are there any pictures that anyone has or is there a how-to?

Thanks!

PS. I got my version 2.4G without GPS from estore009 on ebay for $74.99 and free shipping! -- comes with BOTH mounts in box (the ad only shows the suction mount)

I have made a GT680W Disassembly Video tutorial

NB!
This is not an official / authorised way to disassemble, it's only my own way how I have done it.
ACT ON YOUR OWN RISK !
By acting on your own risk of doing any disassembly - you VOID WARRANTY !

Inside (1).jpg
Inside (2).jpg
Inside (3).jpg
Inside (4).jpg
Inside (5).jpg
Inside (6).jpg
Inside (7).jpg

Last edited:
But that doesnt show me how to take it apart. I want to take the silver lens surround off to make it black.

You do not have to take silver lens surrounding apart for that. Just use masking tape and old newspapers to cover all other parts, put some circle-cut cloth to the lens ( also mask-tape them ) and use black matt plasti-dip.

why not also black over the letters and the useless LED light?

the effect will not be good due to the rubbery material surface, take a closer look at your unit and you will know what I mean.. ;)

Sent from my Mini one using Tapatalk HD

Ask from your wife nail polish remover to remove any printed text / logos from dashcam.

Be careful with finger nail polish remover; some (the most effective) has acetone as the "active remover". Acetone will attack some plastics and melt them as well as removing the lettering. I would try something like Goof- Off or a black marker rather than damage the camera case.

Be careful with finger nail polish remover; some (the most effective) has acetone as the "active remover". Acetone will attack some plastics and melt them as well as removing the lettering. I would try something like Goof- Off or a black marker rather than damage the camera case.

Agree with you. All depends on how strong is polish remover. The one I "steal" from my wife was harmful, but it's only test and try. First I tested on unused MicroSD - SD card reader to remove lettering / logoes from there, worked fine, then used on dash camera. Goof-Off is way to go if found locally.

Back