GT680W or LS650W camera?

timebandit

Reaction score
Hi

I had an accident 6+ months ago that caused big damage. At that time I said I'm going to install a dash cam for future protection ( The other part was a speeding motorcycle on a parking area).

Nothing have happen, no cam, no nothing and getting a bit agry on myself. Now it's time for a dash cam!

I want a decent camera and for a lower price. Just as many others I guess. GPS would be nice to add later on but not a deal breaker. Size does matter, no matter what anyone else says :)

Seems like I have made my mind to GT680W and LS650W. I just can not decide by myself.

Can you guys here please help me decide and write pros/cons with each camera?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I had an accident 6+ months ago that caused big damage. At that time I said I'm going to install a dash cam for future protection ( The other part was a speeding motorcycle on a parking area).

Nothing have happen, no cam, no nothing and getting a bit agry on myself. Now it's time for a dash cam!

I want a decent camera and for a lower price. Just as many others I guess. GPS would be nice to add later on but not a deal breaker. Size does matter, no matter what anyone else says :)

Seems like I have made my mind to GT680W and LS650W. I just can not decide by myself.

Can you guys here please help me decide and write pros/cons with each camera?

Thanks in advance.

You title should be changed to LS650W instead of LS950W. I guess it was typo ;)

You have to decide for yourself what are your priorities and compare specs of two dash cams side by side.

Full review of GT680W you might already read and see all specs, pros, cons there, also comparison with DOD LS300W

Complete Review of GT680W Shadow-Tec / Seezeus

LS650W comparison with Dod LS300W and other dasycams you might see from my other tests:

4x dash cam video test: Dod "neutral" VF300W vs LS300W, LS650W, DL-5

also other threads that LS650w has been discussed

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/search/50644/?q=ls650w&o=date&c[title_only]=1

The best if you read and compare both of them relaying on those threads and chose for what is best for you based on your priorities, because different people - different needs ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. And yes it was a big typo :D :D More to come... Hehe.
I could see LS300W have better picture quality but for me it's not worth that extra money.

I was really impressed by the size of GT680W, wow I say :) It might even be able to glue or use good tape to mount it on the mirror if the 3M holder is not good enough :)

Now my problem is if I'm going to need the GPS or not? Is the GPS data hardcoded into the file directly or as a seperate file? Can't really remember if I read anything about it in the review.

Also, I'm very intrested into hardwire the dash cam. Aprox. how many meters is needed from the inside mirror down to the centre consol?

Last edited:
Also, I'm very intrested into hardwire the dash cam. Aprox. how many meters is needed from the inside mirror down to the centre consol?

usually supplied with 4 meter power cables, for some cars it's plenty, for other it's just enough, always wire down the passenger side for safety reasons

Ok, Thanks.

Yes, always to/from the passenger sida. I know my Volvo has some airbags along the way too so I have to check how to correctly route the cable.

I make a good guess that the GPS data/info is not hardcoded into the movie file?
How many hours/minutes aprox does it fit on a 16GB SDCard?

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back