GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Always good to see a manufacturer being active

What's the ETA on this now?

Can't tell you exactly as there are still some things being finalised but all being well we'll be ready for mass production this month, Chinese New Year will possibly throw a spanner in the works though, we'd planned for before that but Murphy's Law says something will come up to spoil things for us, has been a very long road and looking forward to the end result

Happy New Year !!!
Wish everyone health, prosperity and wealth.
abapazah.jpg

Can't tell you exactly as there are still some things being finalised but all being well we'll be ready for mass production this month, Chinese New Year will possibly throw a spanner in the works though, we'd planned for before that but Murphy's Law says something will come up to spoil things for us, has been a very long road and looking forward to the end result

Waiting with baited breath. I'm holding off on any further purchases until your product is released. I really want to support a manufacturer who is so actively and closely involved with the actual users and who is happy to acknowledge feedback.

Cheers for the new year Jokiin :D

Waiting with baited breath. I'm holding off on any further purchases until your product is released. I really want to support a manufacturer who is so actively and closely involved with the actual users and who is happy to acknowledge feedback.

Cheers for the new year Jokiin :D

thanks, appreciate that, I have to say we're not building something particularly cheap but will be making a limited offer on release with a heavy discount for current forum members as a thank you for all the feedback received so far

thanks, appreciate that, I have to say we're not building something particularly cheap but will be making a limited offer on release with a heavy discount for current forum members as a thank you for all the feedback received so far

Your amount of "awesome" never seems to diminish. The force is strong is this one ;)

Hoping it will be less than $300.

Cheers :) Mario

Hoping it will be less than $300.

Cheers :) Mario

a couple of the models we're doing will be under, a few are over, forum member discount when we release will be significant though

thanks for the encouragement :)

a couple of the models we're doing will be under, a few are over, forum member discount when we release will be significant though

thanks for the encouragement :)
That's good, thank you !

Below some details on our new product, the first model of which we will be releasing shortly

Brand: GuardTrak
Model designation:
GT2S

Basic spec

2nd generation ARM9 Ambarella A2 processor (USA)

Hi jokiin, accidently found myself looking at threads on here from a year ago and notice that back then you were talking about months and months of development work on a solution using the Ambarella A5 chip - see this thread Ambarella A2, A5, A7 and A9 Processors. In a subsequent post you said "we have pretty much reached the limitation of the A2 solution though and some things we want to do like better night vision need the A5 to be able to support, A2 is just not powerful enough"

I am just curious, then, as to why you went with the A2 chip for the GT2S ???

Was there some big issue that turned you off the A5 chip ???

Last edited by a moderator:
A5 has heat issues, A2 is a very stable platform and an updated SDK has given us some options we didn't have previously, A7 still has some way to go but will eventually replace the A2 completely, no doubt the A9 or upcoming A12 will sit where the A7 does now, still some way to go

I guess that is a good example of where just because something is newer, doesn't mean it is better.

Yes you're right, we have some hardware options that weren't possible 12 months ago also which has helped as well

So I as most of us on the forums are literally tripping over ourselves to be first in line to purchase your GT2s model. But where are we going to buy them from, do you have a store online or will there be designated resellers?

I'm sure Jokiin will reveal all when the time is right. I'm getting excited mainly because this product ticks most of the boxes on my list of requirements.

Jokiin I was wondering if there were any video samples available yet? I would like to see how the 96 degree horizontal field of view compares.

So I as most of us on the forums are literally tripping over ourselves to be first in line to purchase your GT2s model. But where are we going to buy them from, do you have a store online or will there be designated resellers?

we'll have something in place for the countries where we don't have anyone distributing them so you can buy online, at this time we don't have anyone for the UK

Do you have a rough idea on storage and operational temps Jokiin?

I've never had a dashcam before and was just wondering how hot a dashcam with a black casing would get in the midday sun attached to a windscreen standing in a car park for example.... Does this fall well within the temperature tolerances?

I've never had a dashcam before and was just wondering how hot a dashcam with a black casing would get in the midday sun attached to a windscreen standing in a car park for example.... Does this fall well within the temperature tolerances?

the housing itself is good for 150c, black absorbs the heat but no more than every black rearview mirror, black dash top etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back