GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Hi Jokiin,

I haven't seen it mentioned here but will you be considering offering an option to display a screensaver with a current speed reading? I'm not sure if the hardware allows it, but it's certainly an option I would be interested in.

Cheers :) Mario

Trouble is without hardwiring, that means that I would have to use a multi port adapter.

Thats a great idea (if its an option that works) as otherwise i would have so many plugs and cables with the front cam, multi port and my rear camera all connected, it just wouldn't be worth doing compared to my one connector for front and rear that I have now.

I'm in the same situation with all 5V Mini USB powered dash cams. Keeping it simple with minimal hassle when changing cams around.
Such is the price to pay I guess moving up to 12V cams like the GT2S or other Korean 12V cams. :)

Hi Jokiin,

I haven't seen it mentioned here but will you be considering offering an option to display a screensaver with a current speed reading? I'm not sure if the hardware allows it, but it's certainly an option I would be interested in.

+1
This would be great feature - if possible.

Hi Jokiin,

Shadow GT680W and RX300 has this feature via GPS data log.

Hi Jokiin,

I'd have to check if it was possible first, for most install situations it's probably impractical but we'll see

Hi jokiin. I just thought of this feature after watching a crash caught on a dashcam someone posted on Facebook.....i personally don't want the voice recorder active the whole time I'm driving, but I would like it recording at least during the aftermath of an incident. Is there any way of triggering the voice recorder to come on when the dashcam detects an incident is about to occur (e.g. Using the G sensor to detect heavy braking)? Things can be said once people get out of their car to check out the damage and if there was voice as well as video at this crucial time it could help insurers come to their decision of liability quicker. Anyways, just an idea, but is something like this possible?

Will it have Australian date format as an option?

DDMMYYYY

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have a look in the size matters tread.

same as a credit Card and 30 mm thick if my merory serve me right

Can we have any more details on the size of the unit please?

I would like to measure up to see if it would fit in front of my rear view mirror.

the camera itself is around 30mm at its widest point, the distance from the top of the camera to the glass a touch under 30mm, the bottom of the camera to the glass is around 40mm as there's a taper to the design and the room needed for the lens etc

here's a drawing that might help understand the side profile better

GT2S.jpg

yeah the 30 mm is a guess on my part, i dont think it is worse than that.

Jokiin promised us more pics in the other tread, and i guess he could provide the thickness mesurments too.

EDIT: argh too slow

yeah the 30 mm is a guess on my part, i dont think it is worse than that.

Jokiin promised us more pics in the other tread, and i guess he could provide the thickness mesurments too.

EDIT: argh too slow

no I was too slow, I was looking for pictures while you guys were posting :)

Reactions: Jim
Hi,

I have just bought a second car to use for town/shopping work and therefore want to move the camera from one car to another. From what I've read, your mount has 3M adhesive pre-installed with a spare adhesive pad included?

My preference would be no pre-installed adhesive (I don't want to have to scrape it off) but include a couple of 3M "industrial grade" Velcro pads in the box. That way I can stick the Velcro pads on the mount and swap the mount from one car to the other. I've used the strong type of Velcro before (available in black or clear) and it really does "lock" together very well. I'm sure the weight of the camera would be no problem.

Just my thoughts and I'm ready and waiting to buy the camera now, but that's how I'll be mounting it... unless there's a problem with mounting like this?

Hi,

I have just bought a second car to use for town/shopping work and therefore want to move the camera from one car to another. From what I've read, your mount has 3M adhesive pre-installed with a spare adhesive pad included?

My preference would be no pre-installed adhesive (I don't want to have to scrape it off) but include a couple of 3M "industrial grade" Velcro pads in the box. That way I can stick the Velcro pads on the mount and swap the mount from one car to the other. I've used the strong type of Velcro before (available in black or clear) and it really does "lock" together very well. I'm sure the weight of the camera would be no problem.

Just my thoughts and I'm ready and waiting to buy the camera now, but that's how I'll be mounting it... unless there's a problem with mounting like this?

no I think that's achievable proving it's good quality Velcro, the whole assembly will weigh a bit over 100 grams and the mounting surface for the tape is around 25mm x 80mm so plenty to secure it, also comes with 2 power leads so you could hardwire in one vehicle and use the cig plug lead in the other, not how we prefer it to be used but I don't think it would be an issue

24 month warranty Jokiin? Nice one! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back