GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

That strong Velcro would be 3M Dual Lock
It is some pretty good stuff but sadly the range and availability is limited here compared to the US

That strong Velcro would be 3M Dual Lock
It is some pretty good stuff but sadly the range and availability is limited here compared to the US

Seen some on Ebay, $3.80 for 200mm delivered. Should be enough for 3 or 4 installations at least.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190909212286
I'll stick with 3M VHB. I found the Dual Lock had issues with vibration and caused distortion in the image (wavy line effect).

Cheers :) Mario

Have used the high temp Dual Lock for 2 years without problems. Is similar to the above Ebay but mine is clear Cost me $20 for a metre at 3m Warehouse in Yatala Ring and ask them they sell to the public or look here for someone in your area

http://www.shop3m.com.au/3M_Industrial_Distributor_Map_s/97.htm

If you are getting vibrations it is probably because you haven't pushed it fully together as it needs a good push to lock it in.

Look here http://solutions.3m.com.au/3MConten...assetId=1273695523439&blobAttribute=ImageFile

the version I use is TB3560 which can take 50C at least Have had it in + 50C in the car and it hasn't come off screen

You can also use TB 4570 or 4575 if you prefer black

Last edited:
I am very curious about what it would be comparable to for night time footage? Vico? Finevu?

Also, I wish you Jokiin all the best this year at getting your product "out in the open", because this past year I kept looking for your camera to purchase but only a few members had information about it and very little video samples were available for viewing. People keep posting videos but keep them "Private".

not ready for sample footage yet, when the time comes, we have some higher spec models we're working on also

3M DUAL LOCK is very expensive here in france via amazon.....but really does the job....... as mentioned you have to click home firmly. It holds a Lukas 7900 camera in place with no problems and no vibrations

I don't know if it was 3M Dual Lock Velcro I used, but I bought it from Radio Shack in the UK and used it to hold a small battery pack on my motorcycle helmet. It does need a firm push and was strong enough to lift the helmet by the battery pack and shake without letting go. It's also used for removable windscreens/wind deflectors on some aftermarket motorcycle screens - that's a lot of pressure at speed on a 1100cc. bike screen!

I can see that a small area (say less than 1"square) might vibrate, but larger than that should be solid. It also prefers to be fairly flat.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. The camera mount I was using with the dual lock had a very small footprint, which is probably why it vibrated. I may give it another shot.

Cheers :) Mario

I'll be in the factory all day tomorrow so might be a bit less active here than usual (maybe, I do have Tapatalk and post from mobile a lot anyway), 2nd injection test has just been completed and we need to check some things if there's any final adjustments needed to our tooling, if all goes well then the textured finish is applied (the molds are smooth still), the textured finish isn't done unless everything is done how we need, it's the last step of the process before mass production of our housings, there's 15 individual pieces to the housing so still a bit of work to the dies yet for the toolmakers, the tooling shop does run 24/7 though so hopefully not too much delay

I'll be in the factory all day tomorrow so might be a bit less active here than usual (maybe, I do have Tapatalk and post from mobile a lot anyway), 2nd injection test has just been completed and we need to check some things if there's any final adjustments needed to our tooling, if all goes well then the textured finish is applied (the molds are smooth still), the textured finish isn't done unless everything is done how we need, it's the last step of the process before mass production of our housings, there's 15 individual pieces to the housing so still a bit of work to the dies yet for the toolmakers, the tooling shop does run 24/7 though so hopefully not too much delay

Sound like an awful lot of tooling around ;)

Take my money already!!! I don't care how much this cam costs!!! For someone to put this much time and effort into a product to get it right is a rarity these days! This will be worth every one of my British ££££'s when it's released!....(soon I hope)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take my money already!!! I don't care how much this cam costs!!! For someone to put this much time and effort into a product to get it right is a rarity these days! This will be worth every one of my British ££££'s when it's released!....(soon I hope)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right there with you mate :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back