GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Currently having a rethink on the two channel version as there has been a hardware update which changes our options

What i would like is some sort of remote way of locking a file. When the camera is mounted in a truck its not really accessable to press the lock file button. You would need five foot arms. And not really safe when you have 44 ton on the back

Got any photos of one in a car?
Interested to know if the device is flat against the glass or hangs down. If flat against the glass I *might* be able to mount one in the centre under my car's city braking laser/rain & dusk sensor/microphone/etc box (which is where the rear view mirror sprouts from) if it hangs it's probably blocking drivers vision to much. Had to mount my LK7900 to the left of the box as shown in the thread on mounting photos in the general discussion forum.

Also, how does the parking mode work? If it could work like the Lukas parking mode that would be good.

Last edited:
Got any photos of one in a car?
Interested to know if the device is flat against the glass or hangs down. If flat against the glass I might be able to mount one in the centre under my cars city braking laser/rain & dusk sensor/microphone/etc box (which is where the rear view mirror sprouts from) if it hangs it's probably blocking drivers vision to much.

Also, how does the parking mode work? If it could work like the Lukas parking mode threat would be good.

flat against the glass

will get some photos sorted before release

parking mode is something we'll be fine tuning but if anyone has any thoughts on how they think it should work, a feature they'd like to see etc we're always interested in the feedback and ideas, a lot of what we do already is a direct result of end user feedback

This is how the Lukas works, it's pretty good.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode.2887/page-2#post-47326

Mine isn't hardwired so I use an LK-530 battery (which gives 12V out which I could presumably use with the GuardTrak too) which gives me up to 12 hours for parking in random car parks etc. (not worried about a longer parking mode as the car is in the garage at home then).

Quite happy with the LK7900 apart from the focus issue and mounting position (forced due to size and dangle down mounting) so if they send me a new/sealed one (assuming the one I sent back ever arrives in Korea :( - if not might be camera-less :( ) I might sell it and try something else ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:) New cars have a trend to such big mirror mounts. In my volkswagen i.e. are different sensors for light, rain, and so on. Times for lean mirrors are gone, especially when the car is equipped with a lot of electronic stuff.
Unfortunately: if the driver do not take care most of these stuff is obsolete :p.
Example: I was rearended on a clear, fair morning at the highway. Traffic ahead slows down from abt. 120km/h to 80km/h which was seen hundreds of meters away when approaching. Suddenly the car behind hits my rear when I was braking slightly (no emergency braking, not even hitting the break heavily, just touch it a little the slow down). The driver kept sitting shocked in his car and we needed to guide him outside. All the time he was whispering "I dont understand it, nothing sounds, I have it all...."
When asking what does he mean he answers: "My distance warning alarm" :D:D:D

He relies to his electronics and was talking with his wife beside him but he does not care about the traffic in front...
So yes, a lot of stuff can support you when driving, but no one else is responsible except YOU, the driver!
Have heard about the Android apps (or IOS) which allow you to control your car into a parking lot while standing outside. I am looking forward to the first courts when a unmanned car (or two, or more...? :p) will hit each other...

Ik need one. Sign me up

All that tecnology will get ppl killed, sadly the ppl who are so stupid to rely on it will take innocent ppl with them to the grave.

Allso i cant see a use for sensors to turn on light and wipers, if you cant do that yourself you should not be driving a car.

Here ther have been a comercial on tv from VW with auto braking, to me that Commercial should be banned as it feature a driver not paying attention at all while driving.

There is allso a Ford Commercial with auto parralel parking on a roof, under the car you can see the car is tied to the roof, so mutch for Ford trust in ther own product.

Personally i can barely live with ABS brakes and i would prefer to be in charge on my braking, airbags are just about the only new tec i find usefull when it come to car safty.

Last edited:
While I think that things like "auto pilots" are too dangerous I think that "small improvments" like park sensors, automatic light/whipers are pretty useful. It doesn't tell if you can drive or not.

But we should stop debating about car sensors etc, because this is jokiins dashcam thread :D

Just joined forum, and had ordered a Dashcam from Amazon.co.uk , Thinking of cancelling it, and ordering the GT2S I know it has been asked a lot, but any time frame for availability in the UK? Good luck with the launch, it would make a pleasant change to purchase a product and support a new venture at the same time.

Hope everything goes well!
my new car does not arrive until end of march. hopefully this will be ready because i have a feeling it's going to be an awesome cam!

will we be able to format a 64GB SD card to work in this camera like you can on the blackvues?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back