GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

In the design of the GT2S (and similar), how does it deal with varying windshield slopes? If the intention is that the lens is right up against the glass, for fewest reflections, it would need to adjust for angle.

I was hoping you'd say that!

yeah there's been massive arguments on Facebook from all the keyboard lawyers about what should and shouldn't have happened, some very heated opinions over this one
I also couldn't work out why your customer didn't clear the truck:confused:. There didn't seem to be anything stopping him from continuing the overtake (or was that an undertake?).

Actually it could have been far worse, he could have become an ex-customer.

Last edited:
no the ute was red, just the low light camera phone pic I think

it's a Ford V8 Boss260, not many of them around

he wasn't actually undertaking, there was an offramp ahead that he was going to take, might appear like he was accelerating up the inside but his speed was constant and it was the truck that slowed, maybe the truck wanted to take the same exit, I'm not sure, he was ok which is the main thing

Im starting to think three cameras isn't too many. One in the windshield, one in the rear window and one in the back facing forward. The forward facing camera with a good wide angle, covers your side stuff, signals, as well as some forward.

There is always a situation that you realize the front and rear camera missed.
ive had people nearly side swipe me, within inches, but when i looked at my footage you couldnt tell it happened from front or rear footage. i think it is overkill to have more than front and rear but i plan on doing a 4 channel set up eventually just for fun.

i still feel like front and rear is enough tho, because if someone does hit your side they likely will have shown up in the footage in front of behind you at some point even if in the next lane. the footage is still going to show your car jolt, and if you record sound you will hear it.

that would be a lot more of a challenge to do than you might expect

Not too hard for the indicator part, just add one of the old style noisy canisters to make the clicking sound louder to be picked up on the microphone. :)

Brake lights would be the hard part.

Funny bunch us humanoids - when we have something that is extremely useful and does what it say's it should do we then ask for more whistles and bells to be added thus making it even more complex, expensive, hard to set up and use then one of the added whistles or bells fails and it becomes a real pain to deal with - Hey why can't someone make something simple and reliable that has no fancy gizmo's added on - why didn't I think of that that - as I say funny bunch are we humanoids:rolleyes:

Just for interest: - I was asked some six years ago by my insurance company if I would like to participate in a program to test for one year a system to monitor my driving which was intended to see if such a system could work and help to reduced premiums (have to say I was very skeptical about that one and still am) so I did. During the year I was shown a considerable amount of data it produced a lot of which was gobbledegook to me. It recorded such things as GPS location, speed, braking, car movement ie heavy braking and instant directional change, lights (on or off) indicators, brake lights alongside all this was the weather conditions not from the 'implant' but presumably the national weather records. The car was fitted out with a number of sensors around the vehicle body which I was told would register impact and proximity info - whatever that meant!

It was taken away after 9 months and my car was left as it was before they installed it and I got a raft of vouchers for use in major stores.

Would I opt in now - NO - too much personal info is being collected as it is and I don't trust insurance companies one little bit even less than I trust the 'old Bill':eek:

...Just for interest: - I was asked some six years ago by my insurance company if I would like to participate in a program to test for one year a system to monitor my driving which was intended to see if such a system could work and help to reduced premiums (have to say I was very skeptical about that one and still am) so I did. During the year I was shown a considerable amount of data it produced a lot of which was gobbledegook to me. It recorded such things as GPS location, speed, braking, car movement ie heavy braking and instant directional change, lights (on or off) indicators, brake lights alongside all this was the weather conditions not from the 'implant' but presumably the national weather records. The car was fitted out with a number of sensors around the vehicle body which I was told would register impact and proximity info - whatever that meant!

It was taken away after 9 months and my car was left as it was before they installed it and I got a raft of vouchers for use in major stores.

Would I opt in now - NO - too much personal info is being collected as it is and I don't trust insurance companies one little bit even less than I trust the 'old Bill':eek:
A simplified version of what you describe is in wide offer in the U.S. by Progressive Insurance. The "Snapshot" just plugs into the vehicle's data port and phones the data home (has its own cellular modem). They claim they only look at acceleration/deceleration rates as a proxy for how 'agressive' a driver you are, not absolute speed, although they do also use GPS because they look at where you drive and when to determine in actuarial terms if you're on more risky roads during rush hour. The location, driving distance, and accel/decel info is computed into a discount from the standard rate (or, sometimes, a premium surcharge).

Personally I don't mind personal info collection in principle...if it was available to everyone, about everyone. Then society would adjust so misuse would be much rarer and/or less personally catastrophic (if everyone gets caught on camera picking their nose, it's not going to ruin your 'reputation' to be seen on camera picking your nose...one person's account ends up missing 10k and another mysteriously gains it at the same moment...crime solved.). Unfortunately the infrastructure to make the system and maintain the records isn't going to be crowdsourced so whoever is 'in control' can take advantage, nor is anything ever monolithic; there will always be interfaces, legacy systems, workarounds, etc. that cause bottlenecks and room for mischief. Ah well...life remains messy.

I just want a good stealthy camera. that's all I want.
im tired, too tired, im going to bed.

Thats what i was thinking too, i guess jokiin just got a taste of beeing Danish.

You think YES ! this is going to be good, so i will run with it and everything will turn out just fine, and then BAM and the real world show its ugly head.

A long time waiting now moving to another 'promised land' I have just re-read the initial post on the product spec and have to say that is what attracted me to 'climb aboard' and liked very much the approach being taken to 'get it right' I am no technophobe so don't fully understand all the 'ins and outs' but I was expecting a positive outcome a lot sooner - hey ho

Yeah we're doing new boards, yet again, updated spec from what was originally planned as we have more options now, a heap of money spent that can't be recovered but just one of those things that happens

Yeah we're doing new boards, yet again, updated spec from what was originally planned as we have more options now, a heap of money spent that can't be recovered but just one of those things that happens
I'm still hanging in there. I have to stand behind my Aussie brother :)

Well as I don't have one at present and the fingers are itching to spend some hard earned cash I find the wait a challenge to say the least...

I find the wait challenging as well and I own a cam already.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back