Guess what just fell off the cabbage truck?

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Surprisingly, not much cabbage!

This is a truck driven by the son of a Thai friend of mine. Normal Isuzu pickup, somewhat modified engine, not sure if they do anything to the tires or suspension?

I get some messages from this guy as he runs all over Thailand, and, as normal. Heavily overloaded.

I gave this guy a spare dashcam earlier this year. I've been dropping hints I'm curious to see if he has video from when he turned the truck over yesterday.

:rolleyes:

He wasn't hurt. Truck towed off after cargo transloaded to an equally overloaded pickup.

I'm hoping the dash cam shows somebody pulling out in front of him or an elephant stepping out of the jungle in the road ahead, but I think it was so top heavy, he could have sneezed and rolled it.

(Before picture, loading 'somewhere'. He runs between Chiang Mai and Central/South Thailand)

1539513424583.jpg

(After pictures: Not sure where this is, somewhere North. The truck is actually on the wrong side of the road, turned over against a guardrail)

1539779735620.jpg

1539779820107.jpg

Last edited:
Loading a truck, or car for that mater are so lost on people in so many nations, i would like to say we Danes have learned our lessons, but really that would be lying.
So we often see overloaded trailers ( 50% over not uncommon ) and very often loads on trailers not secured at all.

I just noticed the slide/gouge marks in the pavement. :unsure:

I'm really amazed the road isn't covered with cabbage! The cabbages were stacked by hand, then tarped. That part is impressive. (Labor is cheap, though)

I see farm trucks pulling cabbage to market in the Southern US.
You can follow their path easily.
There's cabbages in every intersection they pass through, and more in intersections they have made a turn at. Same in some areas they grow tomatoes.

@Kamkar, with the air ride tractors and trailers that are common today, it's pretty easy to tell when the load is a little top heavy. I'm probably over cautious, more so with some of the sealed trailers I pull. When I'm on a circular on ramp and get a wierd feeling in my stomache....I slow the XXXX down.
:eek:

Yeah the big rigs, not so bad here, at least the Danish drivers, but all the eastern EU guys that drive around here stealing work from Danish truckers :rolleyes:
Eu rules state they can drive a load here, and then do a few trips here locally, but then they are also supposed to haul ass out of here, but they dont and fill up all truck stops with their illegal camps.
But here i was thinking of the regular guy with a little trailer for his car, and maybe larger auto / boat trailers. Last summer i saw a Audi pull a pretty large motorboat, dident look right to me.

EDIT: just remembered i heard in a cop program earlier a Danish guy hauling big bales ( hay ) he was using one of those ??? flip beds, u know where you can unhook the bed itself for another kind and so haul different loads.
Anyway the flip bed are supposed to lock on to the chassis with some hooks, ( 4 i think it was ) but only one of then was engaged and in order, so he pretty much drove with tonnes of hay on a bed held in place with a little wire and 1 hook o_O

Driver got a 1000 DKKr fine and the guy he work for 2000 DKkr. That was pretty weak in my book.

Last edited:
Latest word, the cam I gave him 7 months ago, with a new card, was 'not working'.

Told him to hang on to it, will check it out when I visit later this year.

OK, cam is working fine. The 'not working' part is he expected the cam to automatically save the file when the truck rolled over. I'm not sure what settings he had it on?

I explained to him not to trust the camera to do anything but record reliably, better if you save the file or card if something happens

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Off Topic 1
S Off Topic 27
Back