Guidance on MicroSD

I have a Blackvue 64Gb endurance MicroSD that I purchased with the DR900S-2CH ; but I have one of these that I'm not using: https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...-w--adapter-128gb--2017-model--mb-me128ga-am/

Do you guys reckon this 128GB Samsung MicroSD will be reliable to use, or should I stick with the 64gb Blackvue MicroSD?
Samsung EVO (not EVO+) are proved to be the most reliable in dashcam use, also with Blackvue, so I strongly recommend these.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A5000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

What about the High Endurance SD cards?

What about the High Endurance SD cards?
I would presume these also work fine with Blackvue, however haven't tested them (yet) myself, so cannot be sure.

Samsung Evo Select (green color, U3) in 128GB and 256GB have been working without any issues in three DR750S and also the DR900S w/ 4K settings, running with Parking mode and driving.

I have a few 128GB Samsung Endurance Pro, and those also haven’t had issues in these cameras.

—> the Samsung Evo Select (I primarily have the 256GB and a few 128GB) has worked perfectly in all my dashcams. These include:
-F800 Pro
-Opia 2
-QR790 (1440p Starvis)
-LK919 (1440p Starvis)
-DR750S
-DR900S
-SG9663DC
-A129, A119 Pro, A119
... etc etc etc.

This is the card I just received .. I will be testing it over the next while and will post here what my thoughts are.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B01BDKTRAE
In using my card in the last few weeks .. it is performing fine.

Last edited:
Yesterday I noticed that my camera locked up. I was parked outside in 100+ heat under the sun. This was a first time and I've read the threads about the 900s overheating but this was a first after many previous times parking in the same conditions. Also my car will automatically maintain an interior cabin temperature of < 105F by turning on the air even when parked and I'm away.

My thought was the issue wasnt caused by the heat but maybe the SD card. I don't format monthly so I have given that a shot and we'll see how it goes.

My question is do you all format monthly as suggested?

Reactions: RLS
Yesterday I noticed that my camera locked up. I was parked outside in 100+ heat under the sun. This was a first time and I've read the threads about the 900s overheating but this was a first after many previous times parking in the same conditions. Also my car will automatically maintain an interior cabin temperature of < 105F by turning on the air even when parked and I'm away.

My thought was the issue wasnt caused by the heat but maybe the SD card. I don't format monthly so I have given that a shot and we'll see how it goes.

My question is do you all format monthly as suggested?

Nope. I think it's the heat. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ith-the-blackvue-dr900s-2ch.35009/post-426999

I have a Samsung 128gb Pro Endurance card in mine. Only had the camera set up for a couple of days, but not issues so far.

Got it from here;
Samsung 128 Pro Endurance - Amazon UK

Only thing was I needed to format it to FAT32 before the DR900S recognised it.

Has anyone tried a 256GB card in theirs?
I know they're not officially compatible (yet), but just wondered if anyone tried.

I've seen other BlackVue camera have been tried and seem to work based on the forums.

128GB is good, but according to BlackVue's product info, it can only store about 7 hours 20 minutes of recording in UHD Extreme mode.
BlackVue DR900S-2ch Recording Times

Last edited:
I've put Samsung EVO 256GB into my DR900S couple of days ago, so far so good, yet it needs a little while to evaluate compatibility.

Do you know if there are any high endurance 256gb micro SD cards?

These are designed to be in constant use (constantly filling and overwriting).
Standard micro SD cards are good for capacity, but have a significantly reduced lifespan of in constant use.
They can also get a lot hotter than high endurance cards - which will contribute to the DR900S shutting down due to overheating in park mode

Didn't think so.
Thanks

Now using Samsung Evo 128 working fine, just reformat in BV viewer and insert into dash cam and wait for it to update card .. then you are set to go
Samsung Evo 128 GB

Switching back to the BV OEM 128 probably wasn't a great idea. I had a couple of random restarts.

Going back to the Samsung Pro Endurance for a bit to see what happens

Back