Gyro Explanation needed

gngan

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dash Cam
Git1 & Git2
What does gyro actually do? I thought it acts like gimball but with only up & down stabilizer (walking)?

I’ve just used my Git2 during my vacation recording my boy walking around. The video was recorded with 1080 60 and it’s choppy (like playing 1 second at a time)when I play it in VLC. I will try it again this weekend to test it.

Last edited:
no, it stabilizes in all directions including rotation. it has its limits though, so it isn't a replacement for a gimbal. in fact if you put it on a real gimbal and then also turn on gyro, the picture may end up looking drunk.

when playing video, it's best to copy the files to your hard drive and play them from there. playing with camera connected via USB, or with the sd card in a reader can sometimes make for slow/choppy videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

Talking about the Gyro. Is it possible to implement Gyro stabilization in Photo taking mode ?

Talking about the Gyro. Is it possible to implement Gyro stabilization in Photo taking mode ?
I normally find my photos look very still, the only time they move is if I'm holding the tablet in my hands on a cold day!

I dont think its needed for photo mode, unless off course you take pictures in really low light.
But then gyro stabilization will be useless anyway and you are better off securing the camera on a tripod and use self time to start the recording so there is no movement at all while the camera is taking the photo.

I myself have tried to take low light pictures with my Nikon Dslr camera on a tripod, and i found having to press the button to take the picture made the camera move too much, so instead i used self timer on the camera so its absolutely still when the photo is taken.

You can off course also have motion blur in a single photo, in general its not recommend to use handheld camera if you use exposure timings slower than 1:250 second.
And in low light taking a good photo ( or video ) of anything that is moving is hard.

And in really low light you can use exposure timings that last minutes, for example if you take pictures of stars at night.
Same you can do if you take a picture of a tree in moonlight, but it have to be no wind or the wind will make branches of tree move a little and this will make the picture look blurred.

This picture is a good example of slow exposure taken in low light, you can see all the things that do not move is nice and sharp, and all the things that have moved while the picture is taken is just a blur or a streak of light.
173167820_1df1abd1aa_b.jpg

I have to see my vids on Windows Media Player v12 because with Media Player Classic or VLC vids doesn't go well...my PC hangs...but my Toshiba is kind of old too...

Gyro stab for photo can't be implemented without moving glass/sensor elements.

I have to see my vids on Windows Media Player v12 because with Media Player Classic or VLC vids doesn't go well...my PC hangs...but my Toshiba is kind of old too...
For 1080p@60fps videos you need 2 cores minimum with a clock speed over 2 GHz, otherwise it will be choppy as hell. Also be sure to download the file from the camera to a local drive. Playing over USB is not always possible with some hardware.

For 1080p@60fps videos you need 2 cores minimum with a clock speed over 2 GHz, otherwise it will be choppy as hell. Also be sure to download the file from the camera to a local drive. Playing over USB is not always possible with some hardware.
I said that I CAN VIEW using Windows Media Player v12, BUT I CAN'T SEE them using VLC or Media Player Classic...so in this case there is something different between this softwares ;), it's not the Toshiba in this case because my laptop meet those requirements you said...but thanks anyway ;)

Last edited:
I faced and solved this in a old notebook using another decoding method (output driver/processer)...60fps 90% smooth now, before it was all choppy.

It's not a codec problem.
This is an option on vlc?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Git2 1
NORTH LONDON Git2 9
N Git2 2
Yannick Git2 12
B Git2 3
Back