H.265 HEVC Support

richx

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A129 Duo, A139, Mola N3, A119v2, B4K
I tried using the search function for this, but it didn't turn up any meaningful results. I mean surely someone would have discussed this on such a mature model already.

But does the Viofo A129 Duo have a hidden H.265 mode at all? I'm on firmware 2.1 and I tried pressing the mic button for 4 seconds and all that does is activate WiFi station mode. Not the most useful of new features from Viofo, but okay.

As far as I know, H265 is only available on the 4k version, which is A129 Pro.

Not really accurate. I own an A129+ and it has H265. It activates exactly how he said. I'm not so sure if his model supports H265.

From Viofo site:

Latest A129 firmware is released, the version number is V2.1, please check the attachment:
Change log:
  1. Added the WiFi station mode(Press the MIC button to enable, and WiFi button to disable.)
So, no activation of secret feature by pressing Mic. button.

Not really accurate. I own an A129+ and it has H265. It activates exactly how he said. I'm not so sure if his model supports H265.
He didn't specify A129+

Yes, but you said that only 4k cameras have H265 and I contradicted you, 'cause A129+ is not 4k, but 2k.
My bad, I forgot about that one :).
A129 Duo doesn't have H265.

Thanks for the answers @ursamajor @DarthMaul ... I'm wondering if anyone sticking to firmware 1.5 has checked / managed to turn it on.

@CaptureYourAction yeah only the v3. Tried on my v2 (firmware 4.1) and nothing.

Back