H2testw screenshot

DashcamDPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 Pro, Mio Mivue 508 for the work van
Hi, I'm in the process of running a 128gb microSD through H2testw, Obviously it's gonna take about 3 hours but I wanted to show this first screenshot showing its progress and ask if the numbers point to it being of true capacity?

H2testw.jpg

you need to wait for finish the test and to see the inscription: test finished without errors"

I know, I was just wondering if the numbers stack up, with it saying 127978 bytes corresponding with a 128gb card is it too early to tell if it's genuine or will the fakes show that number until the errors are discovered?

(Card wasn't bought new, it came with a dashcam)

EDIT:

Looks like its fake, getting error messages now :)

Memory cards just like harddriver dont come up as the dead on size you got, so a 128 Gb card will come up a something a little smaller.

With something really large you will see a bigger chunk lost, so that 4 Tb harddrive might come off as a 3.73 Tb drive

The 128 GB Toshiba sd card i currently have in my card reader come off as measly 115 Gb, and my 1000 Gb ( 1 TB ) external harddrive list as being 931 Gb

Make sure you delete all files and or format the card first. The card needs to be completely empty before you run h2testw

Don't worry it was an ebay second hand one, well, it was a brand new and unused but not store-purchased

Don't worry it was an ebay second hand one, well, it was a brand new and unused but not store-purchased
(cam was an Auto vox a118c and cost £30/$38 ish! Cam works great tho :D)

Make sure you delete all files and or format the card first. The card needs to be completely empty before you run h2testw

I hade done, there were in fact 2 memory cards in with it, maybe left by mistake or on purpose because they knew they were fakes, but the 32gb card was 8gb, I forgot to pay attention to the 128gb's true capacity

Back