HAB201 avi in format

nhamilto

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know know what avi-in format the HAB201 supports? PAL or NTSC or both? A link to the user manual would be ideal.

HAB201.jpg

Yes i know the DAB201 supports both on its avi-out port ie. display on a TV. The HAB201 an avi-in port for an analog reversing camera.

Sorry, forgot there was an HAB201 camera. Thought you meant the DAB201. I'm not familiar with that camera. I can ask my rep if he has a manual he can send me if you can't find one. Not sure if there will be an English version available though.

Thanks. I was looking for more info on this cam but couldn't really find anything.

@nhamilto
Was told there is no English manual. It's a Dome branded camera that's mainly sold overseas.

I bought one from a chinese ebay seller. It came with chinese retail packaging and manual. I will test the avi-in when my NTSC reversing camera arrives.

HAB2014.JPG HAB2016.JPG HAB2011.JPG I cracked mine open with a #1 phillips and a pair of Jakemy JM-OP08 opening tools. The main board is different from the DAB20X. The video processor is covered with a metal heat spreader. The lithium battery is marked 3.7v 500mah.

Last edited:
I was looking at the DAB201, and it has the best video quality I've seen on a dash cam so far, but then I saw the HAB201 on the ShenZhen Dome web page.
I've always thought that those rear view mirror cams were cool, but they're usually not very good.
If this camera has the same video specs and quality of the DAB201, I'll be likely to buy it.
Is this pretty much the same thing as the DAB201, just in rear view mirror form?

Also, is the mirror really as blue as it looks in the pictures? Is that distracting? Are the mirror optics distorted like some of the other rear view mirror dash cams?

Does it support an external gps module? I see there's a port for it but did anybody try to connect?

Back