Hacking Q3H (allwinner v3 - Camdroid)

I have the Q3H
Why not just run time lapse ????
1st menu option , 0.5s should give you 2FPS ...
Memory card should last for quite some time ...
Or maybe 1s 1FPS , 60 frames per minute , or 3600FP hour ...

I have the Q3H
Why not just run time lapse ????
1st menu option , 0.5s should give you 2FPS ...
Memory card should last for quite some time ...
Or maybe 1s 1FPS , 60 frames per minute , or 3600FP hour ...

The timelapse has a limit, I don't remember in playing time, but on recording time was not much longer than 3 hours, and with no audio... I need to have at least a full 24hours recording, since I need it as a surveillance camera, if you read my first posts.. And as I already said, a 2fps video can't record a freaking guy passing by my car fast enough and scratching it up, I really need to have the full range of motion, as a legal proof to sue him.. I really need at least 10 to 15fps.. and a 720p would be just great, with a lower bitrate like 10kbps.

@kizwan already made this awesome research, which I just need to know what am I missing.

I already got the full HEX / Decimal / IDA process... just this boot loop that is hooking me up.. Maybe @nutsey could help us with this issue of the mksquashfs.exe not compile on windows command prompt..

Once again, big shout out to @kizwan for all that reverse engineering on that process! Amazing work!

Last edited:
I fixed this problem. I was making a mistake, and just creating the Phoenix image from the same old file at the goprawn.img.dump folder..

But now, making everything right, I got the boot loop. I'm using Cygwin64 running the command:
run mksquashfs.exe squashfs-root 2-system.img -comp xz -Xbcj x86 -noappend -no-recovery -root-owned

And I'm using the mksquashfs.exe that you compiled. :(

I'll try the Cygwin 32bit.. Do I need to install any specific Cygwin package, at Cygwin's installation?
Did you actually put "run" in the command? I'm not in front of my pc at the moment, so can't check.

I forget how my files were compiled ..
When I played the time laps it was pretty much super fast ...
? Does it play 30FPS ?

so 15 seconds might play every second .. so that's 15 x Time recorded ..
3 Hours x 15 , so it might be 45 hours of video .. I am guessing here ..
But it would be something like that ..

I will have to record some time laps to be sure ...
If I was going to hack a cam , I would want 5fps time lapse ...

I just did some time lapse @ 2FPS , plays @ 30FPS so = 15 x video recorded ..
So if you got 3 hours @ 2fps , you have about 45 hours of footage ...

@Rodrigo Emedy I have no idea why you get boot loop. I just tried your biRate mod (10.5kbps) & my camera boot successfully. I also tried with the "run" command.

10485760bps_bitRate_SUCCESS.jpg

Send me your modified sdv files; original & 10.5kbp bitRate mod.

This version of mksquashfs.exe is not compatible with the running version of Windows. Check the computer system information to determine if you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software manufacturer.

Hi @kizwan,
Could you build a squashfs-tool on 32-bit cygwin?
Thus, it would be possible to run squashfs-tool on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines.
Thanks.

Last edited:

4K setting = 15FPS @ 15.7mb/s

Reactions: NMD
I think some of the H9 Cams do 10FPS in 4k .. not sure about MB/s ... ( Reviewers don't give that information )

@Rodrigo Emedy, are you using windows 7 or 8 or 10? 32-bit or 64-bit?

@NMD , it is already compiled in 64-bit cygwin. Which windows (7 or 8 or 10) did you use? 32-bit or 64-bit?

I'm using 64-bit cygwin in windows 10 64-bit.

Last edited:
@kizwan I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64.. and I tried both Cygwin and Cygwin64.. At first I need to have this step of mksquashfs working.. I'm testing with the original firmware, to be sure that is working.. then I'll try to modify the sdv file.
@nutsey I'll try those mksquashfs older versions, thanks!

@kizwan .. I'm may be doing something wrong with the Cygwin.. you mentioned that you didn't use the "run" before the .exe.. if I just paste your command line, it gives me "
-bash: mksquashfs.exe: command not found".. but if I add the "run" before the mksquashfs.exe, it runs and build the 2-system.img file, BUT without all the verbose text I see on your screen capture of Cygwin.

I already tried to run it, on specific drive ie.:
cd g:
cd squashfs-tools

...and at its home directory at c:\cygwin64\home\Rodrigo

I installed both x86 and x64 versions at their defaults options.. I saw a bunch of addons to install, but didn't choose any of it.

@kizwan .. I'm may be doing something wrong with the Cygwin.. you mentioned that you didn't use the "run" before the .exe.. if I just paste your command line, it gives me "
-bash: mksquashfs.exe: command not found".. but if I add the "run" before the mksquashfs.exe, it runs and build the 2-system.img file, BUT without all the verbose text I see on your screen capture of Cygwin.

I already tried to run it, on specific drive ie.:
cd g:
cd squashfs-tools

...and at its home directory at c:\cygwin64\home\Rodrigo

I installed both x86 and x64 versions at their defaults options.. I saw a bunch of addons to install, but didn't choose any of it.
You can either copy both mksquashfs.exe & unsquashfs.exe to /usr/local/bin or run the command like this (make sure you're in the same directory where the mksquashfs.exe located):-
Code:
./mksquashfs.exe squashfs-root 2-system.img -comp xz -Xbcj x86 -noappend -no-recovery -root-owned
You can see that I added "./" (no space) in front of the command. This basically calling the command that is located in the same directory.

You can either copy both mksquashfs.exe & unsquashfs.exe to /usr/local/bin or run the command like this (make sure you're in the same directory where the mksquashfs.exe located):-
Code:
./mksquashfs.exe squashfs-root 2-system.img -comp xz -Xbcj x86 -noappend -no-recovery -root-owned
You can see that I added "./" (no space) in front of the command. This basically calling the command that is located in the same directory.

hello @kizwan and fellow camera connoisseurs. i edited just two lines of of the keyboard layout file in [system]/etc of this firmware Crane-(wimius-boot-logo)-2016-11-25-(shows-20161125V10)-imx179-ili9341 and normally it boot looped my F60B camera. But thanks to y'all and running squashfs tools in Cygwin (64bit), it works fine as normal now. After getting a 'full_img.fex' file, getting unfex-refex scripts pack in the same folder as full_img.fex, and installing Cygwin (64bit), and getting squashfs tools from these forums and put them in /usr/local/bin (C:\Cygwin64\usr\local\bin) (see download zip below), I can run Cygwin terminal and do lots of fun commands ;)
Download kizwan's squashfs tools with instructions text - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l8l1jhgeiuyn69/make_2systemimg_commands_in_cygwin.zip?dl=1

Code:
cd /cygdrive/c/Users/myuser/Downloads/4kbackup

cygstart ./unfex.bat

/usr/local/bin/unsquashfs.exe -f UNFEX/2-system.img
* Now modify system files in 'squashfs-root' folder as you like...
Code:
/usr/local/bin/mksquashfs.exe squashfs-root system.tmp -comp xz -Xbcj x86 -noappend -no-recovery -root-owned

cat system.tmp /usr/local/bin/sysdummy.bin > 02-system.tmp

/usr/local/bin/sfk.exe partcopy 02-system.tmp 0 6488064 2-system.img -yes -quiet

rm 02-system.tmp system.tmp

mv -f UNFEX/2-system.img UNFEX/2-system.bak

cp -f 2-system.img UNFEX/.

mv -f full_img.fex full_img.bak

cygstart ./refex.bat

exit

- use 'makeimg' tool, and flash in Phoenixsuit and it's good.

So this begs the idea to make some shell (cygwin) scripts that contain all the right commands and directory names to automate the unsquash and mksquash process, by calling C:\cygwin\bin\bash -c unsquash.sh and C:\cygwin\bin\bash -c mksquash.sh from windows command prompt without mucking up the 2-system.img file. o_O

Last edited:
Back