Halfords cameras backwards?

davedave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
HDC400 + HDC- Rcam
Ive bought the new halfords cams and the backwards facing one is the wrong way. How do I flip it ? I cant read regs and signs anything.

Ive bought the new halfords cams and the backwards facing one is the wrong way. How do I flip it ? I cant read regs and signs anything.

that's how it is, reports from other suggest Halfords think that it's ok, a few have returned them already

thank you Mr jokiin you look like a pro at this can I flip them then or are they useless now?

there's no setting to change this apparently, I haven't seen the camera, only going by the feedback that end users have posted here already, the users that did have them said that Halfords said that is how it is and it can't be changed, makes the rear camera fairly useless really, can't understand how they didn't get that this would be a problem

You wonder how much quality testing some products go through, surely someone must of though that not right before they got to the stage of releasing them to the public. Would of thought this could be fixed with a firmware update?

. Would of thought this could be fixed with a firmware update?

I'm not familiar with the hardware they're using but on most platforms it's something that could be addressed by a firmware update, other users have suggested they showed no interest in sorting this out but probably something anyone that has one should check with them themselves rather than just relying on hearsay

I assume it is this one?: Halfords HDC-R Rear Dash Cam
There are two online reviews, and they both say the image is reversed as you describe. It seems that's just the way it is.

, makes the rear camera fairly useless really, can't understand how they didn't get that this would be a problem

thankyou, youre telling me! I thought this would be a bargain but I'm starting to doubt it
guessing there isn't a way of changing them post record? I will contact them to find out whats happening.

thankyou, youre telling me! I thought this would be a bargain but I'm starting to doubt it
guessing there isn't a way of changing them post record? I will contact them to find out whats happening.
Lots of video editors will let you "mirror" or "horizontal flip" the image. Or if you are overlaying the rear camera on the front as a picture in picture it often looks better mirrored since that is how you would see it when driving.

However I think I would return it as being "stupid" since viewing it via wifi on your phone is always going to look stupid unless they provide an app that flips it...

Then maybe get one of the dual dashcams recommended on here, you can get twice the rear resolution for a lot less cost!

You can get video editors that can make a mirror image of your video. But is it worth the effort?

You can get video editors that can make a mirror image of your video. But is it worth the effort?

Unfortunately, if your camera imprints a time & date stamp, it will be backwards on a mirrored image. Nevertheless, I've used this feature viewing videos using the QuickTime Player when I've forgotten on rare occasions to rotate the image on a Mobius. A handy feature to have when needed.

flipimage.jpg

cheers folks it worked Ive managed to use that VLC but I didnt think it would be like this

think I would return it as being "stupid" since viewing it via wifi on your phone is always going to look stupid unless they provide an app that flips it...

not tried app that can be for another day, what others makes are available?

cheers folks it worked Ive managed to use that VLC but I didnt think it would be like this

not tried app that can be for another day, what others makes are available?
I don't know what the app is like, it may solve the problem, or maybe there isn't one - got to be worth a look before giving up, and report back!

If you look in the https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2018/ page, it has mini 0906 as a cheap dual camera, but it is still Full HD (1080) front and back, and is decent quality. I guess the "premium dual camera" list is out of your price bracket. In addition the Viofo A129 is soon to be released and will be similar in price to what you paid but with Full HD and Starvis night vision on both cameras, and it will give a nice image from both.

If you just want an alternative rear camera that doesn't link up then the B1W (top of the list) costs only a little more than your rear camera but is a full dashcam with Full HD and is surprisingly good at catching number plates, then if your front one fails the rear one continues.

Most of the cameras on the list will have their own threads / sections on this forum that will tell you what people think of them.

Reactions: Mtz
I use Wondershare Filmora, it has the option to mirror too, it's absolutely ridiculous that Halfords haven't acknowledged that a mirrored image on the rear cam is just stupid!

im having the same problem!!! im also having another problem with my radio, i made a video... its acting weird and i dunno whats going on

Is there a fix for the flipping image problem or shall i take it back? it sounds like everyone is having this problem!!

im having the same problem!!! im also having another problem with my radio, i made a video... its acting weird and i dunno whats going on

Is there a fix for the flipping image problem or shall i take it back? it sounds like everyone is having this problem!!
For the radio issue, you could try re-routing the cables so that they don't go near the radio antenna cable.

Do you have a DAB radio with antenna in the rear window heater? If so then it may not be totally the camera's fault and you might have difficulty with any rear camera, try and mount it away from the heater wires, or fit a good quality DAB roof antenna.

For the radio issue, you could try re-routing the cables so that they don't go near the radio antenna cable.

Do you have a DAB radio with antenna in the rear window heater? If so then it may not be totally the camera's fault and you might have difficulty with any rear camera, try and mount it away from the heater wires, or fit a good quality DAB roof antenna.

i thought it might be something i'm doing! I'll see if i can reroute it and i'll see if it fixes it, if you don't hear from me you have cracked it! Thanks

I took this advice you offered in a previous post, and it solved the interference issue for me. There was a small metal box near the rear window that the DashCam cable was near until I re-routed the cable. Problem solved! Thanks!!

Back