Halfords HDC400 dash cam

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
Saw one of these the other day when in Halfords. They have a deal on at the moment, where you get the rear dash cam for free.

Has anyone got any experience or views on this, I also get 15% discount, so just wondering if it's worth a try, as I'm looking for a dash cam for my daughter's new car, something simple and uncomplicated.

Thanks.

It has a few issues like using a lithium battery, thus approximately a 13 month lifespan, and according the specification "Max SD card size 32GB. SD card not included", 32GB is ridiculously small for a 1440 resolution dual camera. Also 720 resolution for the rear camera is generally considered insufficient.

Given the price I would not be happy with a lithium battery and thus short life.

See https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2020/ for a choice of great dashcams...

You've put me right off the halfords dash cam with your honest and sensible feedback. Appreciate the link you attached, I particularly like the Voifo A129 Duo.....thanks

Sorry, is there a specific hard wire cable (kit) for the Viofo A129 Duo ?

It's ok, I found it on Amazon UK, sold by Viofo themselves.

It's ok, I found it on Amazon UK, sold by Viofo themselves.
The Viofo HK3 3-wire hardwire kit is recommended due to adjustable cutoff voltage and the ACC parking mode detection.

Amazon UK is the best place to buy it for UK people.

Another recommendation for A129 as best dashcam of 2020:

Back