Halfords Sale

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Halfords are currently doing a 10% discount with the code TECHDAD for all nextbase series 2 dashcams inc hardwire kits etc, so the 422gw normally is £129 you get it for £116.10. The 522gw is on offer for £119 usually £149 but with discount it’s £107.10... I assume the 522gw is so cheap become it’s not selling aswell as the 422gw?

It's most likely Halfords they always have sales on at times for certain products.

I paid under half for my roller cabinet and top chest whilst it was on offer rather than the crazy price it normally sells for.

I have also bought other things on offer. Think I bought my 512gw when I was on offer and used my Halfords 15% discount card at the time as well.

Either way I don't mind I paid under £100 for my 522gw and rear camera at half price with a 50 quid gift voucher (I won) and my 15% discount when it should have been £149 for the camera and £24.50 for the rear camera.

Sounds like you got a good deal!

Did you buy the new nextbase micro sd card for you new 522gw?

No I bought a 128gb Kingston canvas go SD card for mine although for the first week I used my existing 128gb SanDisk ultra that I had in my old camera bought from Tesco's without any issues as well.

The Canvas go was around £30 quid including delivery and it works fine in my 522GW no issues no speed warnings or anything.

That’s good too hear that your not using a new type nextbase sd card in the new series 2 dashcam & that other brands do work, I’ve read on here from other users experiences that some brands of sd cards don’t work properly... I wanted to know if my Samsung evo 128gb evo plus ‘U3’ would work in the 422gw without any issues that’s the only thing putting me off atm from buying one

If any card is going to work then the Sammy U3 that we have must be one of them. If not then there is a serious problem.

Thanks kremmen

I purchased the 422gw today from Halfords (missed out on the -10% deal) but my old trustworthy 412gw is slowly giving up the ghost I think... it’s basically on charge all day when I’m in my Works van driving around, at the end of the day I dismount it from the mount & it’s always on 1 battery bar also the other day I noticed in pure sunlight I could just about see the screen on record even though after 30 seconds it set to screen saver, never noticed this issue before

The battery is one reason I've held off. From my experience with the 380 super capacitor is the way to go. More reliable in the long term and doesn't need charging.

Never wanted PM. Also, I just don't think a tiny battery is up to powering a dashcam all night. I'd be looking at a powerbank solution.

Will the 422gw over write the oldest file on the sd card like the 412gw etc?

That’s ok then, had to purchase a lens reflector today from halfrauds as it reflections in van windscreen... they should come standard on the 422 & 522gw just money for old rope

Noticed today that when I fitted the new adhesive mount it will not accept a standard mini usb thick lead as the entry point is too tight so had to file down the side & nextbase have got a thinner mini usb enters point on their new 12v lead...something to bear in mind that

That’s ok then, had to purchase a lens reflector today from halfrauds as it reflections in van windscreen... they should come standard on the 422 & 522gw just money for old rope
I know the 522GW comes with a polarising filter as standard, but I'm sure the 422GW does too.
You just adjust the camera lens ring left or right for the reflections.

And I guess I was lucky as last years hardwire kit fitted my 522 powered mount.
Sure it was tight, but it fitted and can be removed easily.

When I looked at them in store the 522 had a built in CPL but the 422 didn't.

So add £20 to the 422 price as, in my opinion a CPL is almost mandatory.

It's just a screw in filter on the 522 same as the 422 it basically just comes in the box already fitted. There are a couple of differences from memory between the 522 and 422.

A polarised filter never came in my 422gw box...

Change of subject is it just me or does anybody else find it harder to remove the new series dashcams from the mounts of the windscreen compared to 412/512gw etc?

Tell me about it.
Those new magnetic mounts are a real struggle to get the camera to release from.
You practically fight against the mount, almost ripping it from the window.

Back