HaloCam M1 Motorcycle Dash Cam Installation

Also, weird issue I had and nobody has mentioned it, when I put the TF card it said card inserted, then tap Format on the I phone it said TF card pulled out. then TF card inserted, apparently this means that it has done the format, according the the seller that I questioned about this.. ??

sounds correct, card gets remounted after format

Ok did a bunch of research and testing on the system.
The cameras record no problem, I can only change the settings on my i phone with the head unit plugged into my laptop and cameras disconnected to not record.
The head unit has no menu, or scroll down functions only shows an image of a bike at start up and front a back views for a minute or two. No menus plugged into the laptop, nothing , no matter what button I push. Nor plugged in on the bike.
I can only look at videos, pictures and functions on my i phone. Does not work with Android.
The video loop time works good, at 5 minutes, I have no issues with that. I might be wrong, but maybe the operating voltage really needs to be a clean 11.80 or higher. I have put it to 3 minutes however.
I do not get any Wonderful Video or Wonderful Pictures. I do hear a click when pressing the button though, and the mic does work.
GPS works to see where you have been, but have to synchronise the head unit to the phone to see it.

Thats it, So I will keep the unit and keep playing with it.
Thanks. I hope this info helps someone else.

I'm like you and i always go straight too turning the engine on...Bad news though, is that i got a freeze using the USB test dongle, so this is back to square 1 of it being a firmware issue. Idk if i am going too keep this unit now.
I did something different - Got myself a Samsung Endurance Pro microSD card which is one of those designed for dash cams. It hasnt made any 4s videos since then with over 100Gb of data (it is overwriting itself now). Perhaps this really is the solution?

Ok did a bunch of research and testing on the system.
The cameras record no problem, I can only change the settings on my i phone with the head unit plugged into my laptop and cameras disconnected to not record.
The head unit has no menu, or scroll down functions only shows an image of a bike at start up and front a back views for a minute or two. No menus plugged into the laptop, nothing , no matter what button I push. Nor plugged in on the bike.
I can only look at videos, pictures and functions on my i phone. Does not work with Android.
The video loop time works good, at 5 minutes, I have no issues with that. I might be wrong, but maybe the operating voltage really needs to be a clean 11.80 or higher. I have put it to 3 minutes however.
I do not get any Wonderful Video or Wonderful Pictures. I do hear a click when pressing the button though, and the mic does work.
GPS works to see where you have been, but have to synchronise the head unit to the phone to see it.

Thats it, So I will keep the unit and keep playing with it.
Thanks. I hope this info helps someone else.
If your voltage is too low, there may be issues with running your device. I run mine through a 12V relay so it provides 'clean' 12V voltage supply.

Back