Handheld 720 degree mini camera

Caroline

Reaction score
Country
China
720%20Degree%20Mini%20Panoramic%20Camera%20-3.jpg
720%20Degree%20Mini%20Panoramic%20Camera%20-9.jpg

Welcome to ask sample and test the camera.

I'm not a math expert but I know that 360º is a full circle. So what's 720º? o_O

I'm not a math expert but I know that 360º is a full circle. So what's 720º? o_O
It is for people who can't understand trigonometry!

The image it claims it give covers a full sphere rather than just a 360 panorama, so possibly should be 360º² which doesn't equal 720º?

I suspect these will be a lot less popular than 3D televisions and like 3D televisions will be hard to buy in a few years time! Even with huge resolution, you still get rather few pixels per degree compared to a normal camera so the images are never great quality, and these cheap ones don't have huge resolution. For a decent image quality you need more sensors:

IMG_7636-Crop.jpeg

Good Question!
At first I also wondered why 720 degree.
Well, as you know there are a lot 360 degree cameras on market, most are single lens. This camera is with dual lens 210 degree, so 360+360=720 degree, to different it from the single lens 360 degree camera.

You may think it's unprofessional? Currently it's my answer. Hope you can know more about it and let me know better explanation.

Good Question!
Well, as you know there are a lot 360 degree cameras on market, most are single lens. This camera is with dual lens 210 degree, so 360+360=720 degree, to different it from the single lens 360 degree camera.

You may think it's unprofessional? Currently it's my answer. Hope you can know more about it and let me know better explanation.

so it's a dual lens 360° camera rather than a single lens 360° camera, that would make more sense

Yes, Jokiin.

I find a picture from internet, maybe it can make better understanding.
720%20degree%20camera-100x100.jpg

@Nigel, did you check the video? It's not low pixel.

And I cut a picture from video for reference:
360%20PHOTO.png

There are six view modles you can see:
720%20Degree%20Mini%20Panoramic%20Camera%20-4.jpg

Below are specifications:
Model Number: AC001
Chipsets: INFOTM
Image Sensor: OV4689
Image Sensor Resolution 4 Mega Pixels
Lens: Dual 7G Fixed focus lens 210° FOV
Screen: None
Loop Recording Yes
Wifi Yes (App Control)
Special Features 720° Panoramic VR Video recording
Resolution 1920*960 30fps
Photo JPG 5MP/2MP
Encoding H.264
Video format MP4
Storage Up to 128GB micro-SD card (not included)
Battery Li-ion Battery 3.7V / 800mAh
Interface Micro-USB, Micro-SD Card Slot
Dimension 112.8*37.5*21.5mm
Color Gold, silver, gold pink

Welcome more discussion, Thanks.

what is the proposed application for these types of cameras, meaning when are they the right type of camera to use, for the most part they seem to be a solution without a problem

from my own perspective I see them as maybe being useful for a realtor to create virtual walk though videos for online catalogues of properties for sale or rent, aside from that I can't really see them as that useful, for sports type applications I think most users would prefer higher resolution cameras

what is the proposed application for these types of cameras, meaning when are they the right type of camera to use, for the most part they seem to be a solution without a problem

from my own perspective I see them as maybe being useful for a realtor to create virtual walk though videos for online catalogues of properties for sale or rent, aside from that I can't really see them as that useful, for sports type applications I think most users would prefer higher resolution cameras

I understand.
I own a SJCAM 4000 and SJCAM5000X camera.
I used them to take videos and photos. I recorded people dancing on stage. Both videos were good, for me it's enough, a good way to keep memory.
The photo SJ4000 shoot was not much satisfied. Still, it worth have SJ4000.

So for the 720 degree camera, last week I went to a resort, I regeret didn't take the 720 degree camera to record and share the beautiful view.
Of course you can use it for other purpose.

Welcome to ask for sample and more discussion.

And, sorry for my poor English, hihi....

Good Question!

Again, I'm no expert but I think there's no such thing as a 720º circle. Whether you do the full circle with one, two or a million lenses, the circle will always be 360º, right?

so it's a dual lens 360° camera rather than a single lens 360° camera, that would make more sense
Shouldn't the single lens 360 cameras be called 180 since they only give half a sphere of view?

Does your house walk through require mounting the 720 camera under a miniature drone and flying through the house so that 50% of the image isn't full of a close up of the videographers body? Doesn't seem very practical to me...

@Module 79L, please don't always consider a circle, but a spherical view...for the name, either 360 or 720 degree, whatever, they are all correct.
Your Eglish is better, right? Maybe you can google it and learn more and share us your understanding?

I did checked SJCAM SJ360 camera, the view is different. Only if you had ever used single lens 360 degree camera, then you will understand why it called 720 degree camera...

New product, new market, need more discussion, that's why I am here.. Thank you.

@Module 79L, please don't always consider a circle, but a spherical view...
In that case call it a spherical camera. However, it doesn't get away from the fact that if you start on the balcony's door, go all the way around and return to the balcony's door you'll only do 360º, but since it also has a vertical FOV I think @Nigel's definition, 360º², would be more appropriate. :)

Just an observation, but if you accept the current definition of a 360 degree lens, then every lens ever created is a 360 degree lens!

I.E. as well as seeing straight forward, you see some stuff at EVERY angle from 0 degrees (above forward) to 90 degrees (to the right) etc, all the way up to 360 (up again).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back